Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Can you recommend placement of these corals

AlanM60

So I aquired these two and wondering about the best placement and flow. Should i attach the small rock the green one Is on the sand bed to a larger rock? So much to learn. Ive had fish only tanks for many years and this is my first try at reefing. 

080155BD-2B7B-4652-8EDB-A882BD5B7F9D.jpeg

A9816C8B-6066-413F-B4D8-3F69681801C7.jpeg

• Like 1

If you want general placement guidelines just lookup what coral they are but if you are wanting to know where in your tank specifically people are gonna wanna know tank size, what you're doing for flow, what lighting you have, what your rock scape is like, etc. Not 100% sure in any way but your first one looks like some sort of LPS and the second looks like Clove Polyp.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I would put the clove on an island as they like to run amok and are near impossible to kill. They like medium flow and pretty much any light but low light/shade. For the green it may be a montipore but Im not sure for that one. The little one head with a fringe looks like a palythoa they like mid to low flow and mid to high light but will do ok with lower lights. 

Yellow polyps are longer and thinner. That's one of the boring brown palythoas-types, which might color up in decent light. It could be a somewhat invasive one, but is unlikely to be as invasive as yellow polyps.