Cultivated Reef

Dead Fish

pippol1

I've gotten fish from live aquaria first two clown fish I purchased are doing great after five months. I got 2 cardinal fish today from Live Aquaria that arrived dead ,there is a guarantee ,but it's only for the fish ,so every time you get fish that die your still out 50.00 is shipping and boxing charges. Does anyone know of a good place to get fish from that actually arrive alive?

50 minutes ago, pippol1 said:

I've gotten fish from live aquaria first two clown fish I purchased are doing great after five months. I got 2 cardinal fish today from Live Aquaria that arrived dead ,there is a guarantee ,but it's only for the fish ,so every time you get fish that die your still out 50.00 is shipping and boxing charges. Does anyone know of a good place to get fish from that actually arrive alive?

Do you have somewhere local you can buy fish? Petco can even special order fish and you can pick them up IN the bag.

DOA's can happen from any place if fish are shipped since shipping is stressful. However, places that QT/hold fish for a few weeks before shipping will have increased success. Diver's Den does this but fish on the LA side are drop shipped from the wholesaler.

For online shopping I would recommend:

TSA Aquatics as ALL fish are held for 30 days before being sold: https://tsmaquatics.com/

Any of the venders from Humble.fish. All these fish are FULLY QT and treated for disease and then observed before shipped. So you will need to wait/special order unless you pick from some of the inventory they have on hand. Cost will run higher as these fish are getting everything they need to make them disease free. You can see posts of feedback/fish people received on the forums. I don't think anyone has had a DOA yet. I have 3 fish coming from Bay Bridge Aquarium at the end of the month. https://humble.fish/community/index.php?forums/#vendor-forums.30

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1