Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Flow for torch

Bamzam

Hi,

I have a 36" long tank with a jebao sow4 on the left and eheim 600 as the return pump of a AIO insert on the right. The eheim 600 is on the highest setting and the jebao WaveMaker is on the lowest power setting. The duncan on the left has been in the tank for a while and seems to be very happy there. I just purchased a hellfire torch and put it on the right about 30 min ago. I dont know if its because its still new or the flow is that low in the area, but the torch doesn't seem to be waving too much. Does the torch need more flow? If i turn the jebao up,  the duncan starts whipping around like crazy. The torch was way more expensive so I want to make sure its happy. Does it look OK there or should I switch spots with the duncan?

I do not have a torch but I think they like medium flow sort of like a hammer. According to live aquaria duncans like low flow but your looks like it is happy. Are either corals already glued in place? If not you could try swapping for a few days and just keep an eye on them.

• Like 1

Nope, have not glued either. Just stuck the plug into a hole in the rock. I'm always hesitant to move things when they're doing well, but thats a good idea. One more video after settling in a little while longer. Tentacles seem to be a little more upright. Will swap them out tomorrow unless anyone says the flow looks fine as is...

2 hours ago, Bamzam said:

Nope, have not glued either. Just stuck the plug into a hole in the rock. I'm always hesitant to move things when they're doing well, but thats a good idea. One more video after settling in a little while longer. Tentacles seem to be a little more upright. Will swap them out tomorrow unless anyone says the flow looks fine as is...

The flow is perfect imo. They like a little flow but not so much that the tenticals will rub against the skeleton and cut it.  If you like where it is glue it down. 

Happy reefing 😎🤙

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1