Innovative Marine Aquariums

Another I'm bored post - well sort of

debbeach13

I understand open top tanks look fantastic! BUT I really am so sad with the amount of fish that are jumping out and dying. Some fish are known jumpers and should never be kept in topless tanks and any type of fish could jump. You just never know. Even with a lid some find a way out through the smallest space. Please use a screen lid if you want a known jumper like clowns or fire fish. If you must have topless how about just inverts or nice perching fish (which still could jump). Ok I feel better. Sorry for the rant. As always it's your tank do what you want. 

• Like 4

yes!!! all fish can jump and I think the only ethical way to keep fish is with a lid 🤔

open top looks nice, but fish (especially wild caught) aren't used to being so close to the surface. 

• Like 2

So true!! My ocellaris clownfish jumped last night 😞 Had the little guy for over a year no issue. But I put him in a different tank few days ago...guess he got spooked or something. I ordered a lid tonight for this tank! My other tank has a lid (an ugly DIY mesh one but it keeps the fish in the tank So good enough for me)

• Like 2