ReefCleaners.org

My 20L Journal always changing!!!

debbeach13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You tank is looking great.  I think you should enter the reno contest, the more the merrier.  How big across is your toadstool leather?  It looks awesome.  When I started cleaning my tank of macro I realized my toadstoll is about 10 inches across now.

• Like 1

Thank You. When the toadstool is fully open it is almost 12". It has dropped baby's 6 times. When they get larger, I trade in for store credit. I have one right now that I might just keep this time. I entered Diver Dan's IM10 in the contest which I emptied and restarted and is still cycling right now. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
5 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Added a couple turbo snails and a Nassarius. Dam even inverts are getting expensive.

Yeah, I noticed that at my LFS too!! Turbos are like $3.99 each! I’ll probably be ordering a starter cleanup crew and some emeralds from Reef Cleaners in the next week or two… curious to see how their prices are holding up. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Damsels will be pigs if you let them. I only feed my Springer's damsels every other day, they'll pick at and eat algae as do most others. I HIGHLY recommend those little guys if you can find them. They're peaceful and surprisingly long lived. I have a pair in my 58 that I've had for almost 7 years now. They're one of the few I keep. When we had the ritteri anemones and Blackfoot clowns, I had some small Domino damsels in there to keep the clowns on their toes, it was quite an active tank, lol. I wish that I hadn't sold off the Roland's that I got from my Manado collector, they were nice too.

• Like 2

Thanks for stopping by!

I have only heard good things about Springer damsels, and they are so pretty. I was looking for one until I found the black/blue demoiselle.  I have always enjoyed damsels. They may not be as stunning as many other fish, but they are less expensive, much easier to care for, and always very active. I haven't seen any Domino's locally in years. I guess they just aren't popular enough for the stores to stock them anymore.  I am very satisfied with my current residents they chase one another occasionally but not overly aggressive.  As long as everyone else stays away from the toadstool. The clowns host it, and big Mama clown sometimes just lays in there like she is resting or napping. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2/21 1-gallon W/C new carbon + filter pad. 

I think my lights, current USA with 2 fixtures, are about to crap out. One of the two bars started flickering last night. Worse than that the hub is frozen for lack of a better word. I cannot make any changes. It's always something. 

• Sad 2
growsomething

I have resisted testing as well.  I just keep returning anything that doesn't do well and keeping things that do.

It does make me curious though, what my alk is.  I'd guess that is the reason acans won't grow for me.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

On 3/14 I did a 2-gallon W/C replaced the filter media and carbon. Then I added a few items from the IM10. Not coral that went into the studio 12. I wanted to move Flinch the firefish to the studio 12 but he wouldn't come out of the big green rock. I did have to move things around in order to fit the rock in there. Yesterday I finally saw him. He was swimming around having a wonderful time. No aggression from the other fish. I am so happy that Flinch is alive. Two days of not seeing him was making me very nervous. 

• debbeach13 changed the title to My 20L Journal always changing!!!