Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 20L Journal always changing!!!

debbeach13

After testing the new tank I decided why not test this one also. Temperature 78 and SG 1.025

CA 440

DKH 11 - ppm KH 196.9

nitrate 20

Phos Well it looks like 2.0 in the picture

Results may vary - API reef master test kit. 
the IM tank

76 degrees SG 1.026

CA 420

DKH 8 - ppm KH 143.2

nitrate 0

phos 0 maybe .25

first two pictures are on the 20L

last two are the IM tank

32BDE15F-4336-45D1-AC8D-4CC39993ED60.jpeg

91BE6213-D756-4526-A185-1A275F1C5F66.jpeg

A63AF53A-9486-4E26-B20D-9699639001A9.jpeg

891765BE-9AC5-4721-89E2-040273139681.jpeg

• Like 2

EA0FB4FB-4CFC-46DE-8274-32BDBF37ED1A.thumb.jpeg.16b99dfcb25c5b427aa28cd495e50b77.jpegBabies,E0351FB5-5BAE-412B-8C7A-F1C1CED45BEB.thumb.jpeg.9d3921deed08f9cb5aa4651f4e96d406.jpegin between the white star fish different view of babies left behind last week.880EC1B9-0E32-4E14-85CE-F9E8897EC133.thumb.jpeg.f97aa9dcf1330814837317ec7db5b89d.jpeg3 good sized maybe four3AD7FB42-6687-43A6-A1A5-C184C4474CD5.thumb.jpeg.f6824e380a85e78863a955d506fbf36a.jpegthe rest of the rock that the current baby was on. Also home to 2 orange/red mushrooms. Can’ t kill those off. Remember the Evo 5 was full if those. 

2DEA04A2-D6E2-4F0C-BD3C-8EB5E3C0C973.jpeg

• Like 5
30 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I wonder if that new piece of bone white rock with the new clove polyp frag on it raised the phosphate. 

Honestly my experience is that they tend to lower phosphate lol, but I guess it really depends on the source.

Yesterday. The lights didn’t come on. Remote didn’t connect with the loop. Got a new battery for the remote. No effect. Had to take it all off the tank and disconnect everything. Blew out every nook and cranny put back together. Came on but went right back out. Another blow job and put back together again. It worked. Put back on the tank and not changing anything or testing for now. It come on today and shut off last night. Good enough 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

The blue bonded pad is just mechanical. Removes debris which is the same as the pillow fluff. So those two are doubling down. I throw out the pillow fluff every water change or sooner if needed. Sometimes I rinse the blue pad and reuse it.

FROM THE Package - The Poly-filter removes organics, ammonia, heavy metals, all forms of phosphates, and medication after treatments. extends time between W/C's.

It turns colors 

removing medications, aqua to dark blue

copper or copper salts, orange

iron, bright red

aluminum, bright yellow

ammonia, amines, or solvents, dyes: color of solution added i.e., methylene blue - pale blue, malachite green, - light green, tannins/humic acid - dark brown.

organic waste, light tan progressing to dark brown.

In all honesty I have never seen any colors. Just good old tan/brown. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished a 4 gallon WC. The old water looked disgusting. I really over feed this tank. Had to use tap water with prime. Publix and Walmart have not had any RO/DI gallon jugs in over a week! Cleaned pumps, filter, most of the glass - didn't clean the back glass. Stirred up the sand and removed over a dozen bristle worms and 2 spaghetti worms. running just filter floss so it can catch the nasties floating around. Tomorrow I will put all new filter media in there. I need to grab a cereal container for the new ATO. Depending on how the week progresses I hope to trade in a few corals and get something new / different. I will be watching my son's dogs Thursday - Sunday. Along with my dog it gets pretty crazy around here. 

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

The CUC in here is so depleted.  Compared to a year ago, almost non-existent.  I have some algae on the rocks and Diatoms on the glass. On the way home. After picking up the Grandkids from school I ran into Petco. They had just received and were unbagging a ton of fish. The girl Covering the fish department being somewhat overwhelmed. She was almost done releasing the fish, so I waited. I just got a half dozen snails and a small emerald crab because they didn't have any hermits.  One snail went to the IM. 

I have had a gallon+ of NSW mixing up for a couple days and the plan is to go to Top Shelf Aquatics tomorrow with some corals that hopefully will be acceptable for credit. They had a live sale this weekend and an online sale Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully by tomorrow not everyone is in packing and shipping. Fingers crossed for CUC and maybe coral from the sale bin! Oh, I dropped my phone the other day and cracked the screen. Dropped it again yesterday. Still working but coral budget may be in jeopardy. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I made it over to TSA today. The trade in value was $50. and I had a credit for $28. This took a nice bite out of the total. I appreciate this a lot. 

This tank got 6 astrea, 4 nassarius, 2 tronchus - both had algae on them, which I attempted to scrap off with a razor blade. There was a different kind on each! Also 6 blue leg hermits. There is more but it was put in the IM.  

• Like 5

Did a 3 gallon WC, new carbon and floss. Broke the piece of rock with the RFA and some GSP up.

I ended up with a small piece of GSP along with the RFA. There is still some GSP in here one piece. Made some rubble pieces also. All those new snails have done a good job on the algae. So at least there is that.

• Like 2

I finally grabbed a cereal container at Walmart $7.99 for the ATO reservoir. I had to swap the refill tubing holder with the ATO on the IM. The holder in this model is for a rimless tank. I removed enough tank water to bring the water level down and make the sensor kick on. All systems go!

• Like 5

Just performed a little trimming for this tank. Scrapped of the rocks and threw out 3 kenya tree frags and 1 pulsing xenia. This also allowed me to pull out a bunch of bristle worms while the rocks were out of the water. After I feed the corals. Marine snow and reef roids. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 1 month later...

Been awhile since I posted in this thread. I decided yesterday the tank just is not very attractive so... I set up the old 10 gallon again! Using a 50/50 mix of instant ocean and reef crystals with tap water and prime. The plan is to remove any rock the has no coral on it over to the 10 gallon. That is one large, one medium but almost flat piece, several smaller pieces and a bunch of rubble and empty shells. By placing all of this in the 10 gallon it should be fine and allow me to reuse if the 20L looks too empty. Hopefully in the next day or week I can rearrange what's left into a simpler more open visually pleasing aquascape. If that happens I will post some pictures. This tank just never came back to it's former glory before the heater cooked the tank. Probably due to lack of $$$ to replace all the corals and fish lost. Plus setting up the IM10 meant it needed to be stocked. Hopefully I can start picking up some items for this tank once I at least like the aquascape again.

• Like 3

I did remove some rock and rubble. I used a couple small pieces of rock to mount the two hammers after removing them from the plugs and placed back in the IM. The rest is in the 10 gallon tank for now. I would not say I love the aquascape but it looks better just having more space. I also moved the Kenya tree from the IM to the 20L.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
debbeach13

Thank you she is almost always out and about. Her smaller mate spends more than half of his time in the head. He comes out as soon as food hits the water. They both host the toadstool and sleep in the head. 

• Like 3
  • debbeach13 changed the title to My 20L Journal always changing!!!