ReefCleaners.org

My 20L Journal always changing!!!

debbeach13

46 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Thank you she is almost always out and about. Her smaller mate spends more than half of his time in the head. He comes out as soon as food hits the water. They both host the toadstool and sleep in the head. 

I've got a good sized clown that's grown from a baby in my 10 gal.  Was always an open swimmer, til I added tank mates.  Clowny found a territory to defend from new comers.  Now mostly hangs out in a rock hole now that's too small for the fish to comfortably swim through.  - Crazy

If I miss a feeding though, Clowny is swimming around the tank like Jaws looking for it's next meal.  :lol:

Missed meals are not allowed.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

No pictures right now. If I remember I will take some tonight after lights on.

In case you do not follow Diver Dan in my other thread I will mention that my dog crossed the rainbow bridge last Friday. Most of you pet lovers know that for all those sloppy kisses and wonderful greetings we get from our furry friends this is a terrible price to pay when it is time to say goodbye. Those last moments before she was gone one of my son's, his wife and I all made sure she was comfortable and not alone.

During the month I did try to keep up with this tank a little bit did a couple uneventful WC and some maintenance. Things that went wrong during that time were but not limited to, after cleaning the ATO reservoir not properly installing the siphon breaker and hours later leaving the house I came home to a gallon of water all over the floor. Even worse than that I killed a bucket with some corals in it so no more green hairy mushrooms, red mushrooms or blue Kenya tree. A couple others that have duplicates but the tiny pieces of GSP left have maybe a 50/50 shot. I didn't even realize I had that until today. 

EDIT   Forgot yesterday's questionable test results

CA 400, KH 11, PO4 .5-1, N03 20, temp 80 and SG 1.025

• Sad 1
On 5/25/2022 at 12:06 PM, debbeach13 said:

Her smaller mate spends more than half of his time in the head. He comes out as soon as food hits the water. They both host the toadstool and sleep in the head. 

That's my clown

Used to swim around all day long in water column, but found a cave it likes and only leaves at meal time or to chase my Talbot Damsel away with a show of dominance.

• Like 2
debbeach13

Just did a 2 gallon W/C, vacuumed the sand, changed out all the filter media. Moved the few corals from the IM into this tank. The IM is still running but is a box of water, with some rock, a couple snails and one hermit crab. Diver Dan has been put back in. 
I will take a picture of new scape soon when the tank clears up.

9B2AD895-9E3B-4091-8536-51BBE7AEF87B.jpeg

648EA8AF-BA5D-4830-9504-B749FAD86063.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

Good morning. I am happy to report that this tank looks good. I am always a little nervous after taking a vacation. I was only gone for a week. The ATO and auto feeder worked great. Just did a 2 gallon W/C, removed and cleaned both pumps and the filter. KISS is the way to go. Simple easy corals and a couple clowns, a cleaner shrimp and CUC. Easy Peasy. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I swapped the tank with the 20L in the garage, which has a blue back instead of black. I threw out all the sand from the old 20. Rinsed and used the sand from the IM 10. Which is empty at the moment. Left side was sort of arranged by moving most items together. The center/right side is mostly just in there from the IM 10. Eventually I will add more sand and move stuff around but I am going for a much thinner layer of sand. 

4127437E-2DCE-4954-8075-16634413DF2D.jpeg

462B38F2-4338-4DE3-9627-C32521C5D069.jpeg

5853774F-A78C-435B-9FE7-9C54D2FF2DF3.jpeg

• 1 month later...

More or less monthly update. Things that changed due to restless tank syndrome. 9/21 Removed the large rock covered in clove polyps, the baby toadstool and the RFA and moved to the IM10. Replace with all the new rock and golden damsel from the IM10. I spend a lot of time at the kitchen table which is next to the IM10. I know nothing happens fast when cycling a tank. But spending hours every day looking at bare rock and one fish was just too boring. 9/23 received an order from Reef cleaners which was split up between both tanks. This tank got 3 blue legged hermits, 1 bubble bee snail, 2 nerites, 2 marginella, and 2 nassarius vibex. 9/25 added a regal demoiselle. Not loving the scape which is not permanent but allows some good hiding spots and escape routes. 

• Like 1
  • debbeach13 changed the title to My 20L Journal always changing 10/15 back where it started

9:30am.  After putting all coral and rock that came from this tank back into it.

Left side, the same, 2nd photo

middle 1st photo, removed all the newer rock but I did leave the barnacle pieces, with 5 damsels in here need the extra hiding spots,

right side, 3rd photo, the large clove polyp rock and everything from the IM10.

B5A4B8F9-26C3-43F8-8615-0E0D03CA6AC7.jpeg

8B10D190-9CEB-4664-BBF0-9548F4867D77.jpeg

B3ED30D5-EA2D-4885-A4E0-3EA80EA0DF8C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I have read more than once for every asterina star you see there are 10 you can’t see. I know that’s true because I read it on the internet.

Hand picked 8 off the glass this morning. That should leave at least 80 in the tank.

D8CE7E77-EDC8-4EA1-8004-B77B8B24F09D.jpeg

B8DE8588-F70C-4301-BD3D-5240E22B5B4E.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • debbeach13 changed the title to My 20L Journal always changing!!!