debbeach13

My 20L Journal 10/01/2020 now that it is cooling down.

debbeach13

Lights are still ramping up. I am so sad my elegance has started to shrink. Been 4 days since it started. 

image.jpg

• Sad 4

debbeach13

The elegance detached from it's skeleton this morning. I should just toss it but instead I stuck it in the 10 gallon in the little Tupper ware container that has sand. Except for some critters it is alone in this tank. I reduced the flow. I am not sure if I should provide light or just try letting it rest. It probably does not matter at this point. This was the center piece of my tank 20 and I am just miserable about losing it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

MarieH
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

The elegance detached from it's skeleton this morning. I should just toss it but instead I stuck it in the 10 gallon in the little Tupper ware container that has sand. Except for some critters it is alone in this tank. I reduced the flow. I am not sure if I should provide light or just try letting it rest. It probably does not matter at this point. This was the center piece of my tank 20 and I am just miserable about losing it.

Where there is life there is hope.  I want one, but i know they are hit or miss, even in best circumstances.  The australian ones are more hardy I think. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Amphrites

Seems to be something which just happens to some elegance corals, one day we may even know why, they still legitimately feel like a 50/50 everytime I see one...

To grow, thrive, then die for no discernable reason.

Maybe the ones being propagated will be the "goniopora" moment for elegance in the hobby.

• Like 2

debbeach13

Lost power an hour ago. Supposed to be back on around 5. 

• Sad 1

debbeach13

Lights came on around 3:30. Every thing looks OK after a few hours.

• Like 2

debbeach13

This morning after getting a little indirect sun light. I am not going to test it just hoping it is attaching to it’s old skeleton. 

96E1E363-A76B-4FA9-8BF5-E6D4ACC9A15C.jpeg

8496D464-45C3-403E-A2B8-0C43974ED222.jpeg

• Like 2