Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tank crack?

Keewie

Hello,

I was starting a water test on my new tank and noticed that one corner could be damaged. The first two pics are the normal corner from both sides. The last two pics are what I believe is the damaged corner. Is this a crack and will this be a problem? I stopped filling the tank at about 2 inches because I was concerned. Thanks.

42987B63-10A2-486C-9613-E4ADF226BE8D.jpeg

C2B2BB83-A69A-4200-8C97-80C6C273A5DB.jpeg

5566A8F5-F219-4EF3-92EA-AC40548F065F.jpeg

54FECC1F-E820-414F-B0A6-126A8CB10278.jpeg

• Like 1

I wouldn't be extremely worried because it's a corner and doesn't run the length of the seam.  Looks like there should be enough surface to make a good seal.

That said, I might contact the manufacturer and/or the retailer (sharing the pics of the damaged corner), to see what they say.  I might dry the tank so they see that it is still unused.  They may be willing to replace the tank, or maybe offer you some cash back due to selling you a damaged tank.

Was this shipped to you, or did you pick it up at a store?  Was the corner covered with packaging so you couldn't inspect it prior to purchase?  That might affect a store's willingness to do something for you.

It appears that there is silicone around the chip, which would mean that it happened before the silicone was applied.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, seabass said:

I wouldn't be extremely worried because it's a corner and doesn't run the length of the seam.  Looks like there should be enough surface to make a good seal.

That said, I might contact the manufacturer and/or the retailer (sharing the pics of the damaged corner), to see what they say.  I might dry the tank so they see that it is still unused.  They may be willing to replace the tank, or maybe offer you some cash back due to selling you a damaged tank.

Was this shipped to you, or did you pick it up at a store?  Was the corner covered with packaging so you couldn't inspect it prior to purchase?  That might affect a store's willingness to do something for you.

It appears that there is silicone around the chip, which would mean that it happened before the silicone was applied.

Thank you for your help. The tank was shipped to me. I noticed the silicone cover as well. I can't feel the crack because of it. I have a feeling the seller won't accept it back due the fact that its been over a week but as long as its not in danger of breaking, I am fine with the tank. I just wanted to make sure it was usable.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

If it is a scallop type chip then it won't be an issue.

Thats a good way to describe it. I am glad it won't be an issue. I am super excited to get the sand, rocks, and water in tonight. I have had all the supplies for the a while now.