Coral Vue Hydros

6 line vs daddy clown

Cencalfishguy56

Cencalfishguy56

So I recently added a six line about a week ago and all in all the fish have behaved themselves, actually it worked quite well because my damsel wasn’t getting harassed like he was when he would swim near my clown pairs clutch of eggs on the rock. The dilemma I have now is that my six line wants the eggs as I constantly see him peruse over there. I’ve actually seen my male clown tussle with the six line a couple times and now it appears they both have some scratches and the male clowns fins appear torn. Should I wait out this aggression or get rid of the six line? I’m thinking as long as my pair continue to lay a clutch the six line won’t give up till he’s beat down. He backs down when the female clown comes to the rescue from her BTA lol they kinda equal each other’s aggression out And assumed they’d all be fine granted they’re semi-aggressive in nature including the damsel. Any suggestions? Have a feeling I’m gonna have to ditch the six line, never had a problem when I had a pink streaked wrasse! Thanks in advance!

6-lines will eventually eat any small shrimp, eggs, etc...You just have to pick what you prefer. They are otherwise amazing looking fish and great for parasite prevention.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56
4 hours ago, ps2cho said:

6-lines will eventually eat any small shrimp, eggs, etc...You just have to pick what you prefer. They are otherwise amazing looking fish and great for parasite prevention.

They actually leave each other alone now, in fact none of my fish are fighting anymore. So I guess the problem solved itself and the clowns fins are healing nicely