Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aquatop 12 Gallon Long

itchy

7 hours ago, itchy said:

@Scorched I noticed in one of your recent  tank update videos that you had a Royal Gramma and some type of striped wrasse. What type of wrasse is that? Over the past couple of weeks I bought a Royal Gramma followed by a Sixline Wrasse. Did you have any issues with your RG being aggressive. Mine was extremely territorial and would chase anything that came near its “area” especially the wrasse. 
I’m on the fence on whether to keep one, both, or neither of the sixline wrasse or RG. I’ve read that the sixline can and will become a major PITA once it gets settled. My wife really likes the coloration of the RG so I’m hoping it’ll calm down. 

Does anyone have any insight advice on these fish?

Thanks in advance. 

B802EB41-C02F-42B5-A914-49EF8102113E.jpeg

It has been years since I have had  a six line but as it got a little larger it chased every other fish in my tank large or small even my yellow tang. I ended up giving it back to the store.  

Just now, debbeach13 said:

It has been years since I have had  a six line but as it got a little larger it chased every other fish in my tank large or small even my yellow tang. I ended up giving it back to the store.  

Thanks for sharing. Do you know if there are any other peaceful wrasses? I love the way they swim in and out of the rocks 

23 hours ago, itchy said:

@Scorched I noticed in one of your recent  tank update videos that you had a Royal Gramma and some type of striped wrasse. What type of wrasse is that? Over the past couple of weeks I bought a Royal Gramma followed by a Sixline Wrasse. Did you have any issues with your RG being aggressive. Mine was extremely territorial and would chase anything that came near its “area” especially the wrasse. 
I’m on the fence on whether to keep one, both, or neither of the sixline wrasse or RG. I’ve read that the sixline can and will become a major PITA once it gets settled. My wife really likes the coloration of the RG so I’m hoping it’ll calm down. 

Does anyone have any insight advice on these fish?

Thanks in advance. 

I do not have any of the lined or striped wrasses.  The wrasse that I have is a little flame wrasse.

TsqJnuLl.jpg

My Gramma has been great for me.  He has a very particular hole that he always go in and protects but other than that nothing seems to bother him.  If he picks on anyone its the clownfish thats right next door.  But he has his own anemone so they are more like cranky old guys who are too stubborn to move.

A sixline is going to become increasingly more aggressive.  For now he may be ok and be kept in check by the Gramma.  Its really your choice on what fish you like and enjoy.  Both should be fine together its just that those fish could limit or prevent you from getting gobys and more timid fish in the future.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I really like the look of this set up. So uncluttered.

Thank you! I’m trying to keep it minimal and hopefully place emphasis on the things inside. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...