Cultivated Reef

Zoa parasite?

UpsideDownPumpkin

UpsideDownPumpkin

Got this zoa about 2 weeks ago. Dipped it as per the instructions on the bottle so assumed it was clean. But after several placements, it’s not opened up. I also spotted a asterina star (excuse the spelling) so I started to wonder about the effectiveness of the dip. 

ive QT the Zoas and dipped them again, double dosing from the original and a sort of pipe attached to a brown body has emerged. I’m guessing nudibranch. 

Any ideas how to get it off? I’ve tried shaking the frag to no success. Ideally without damaging the Zoas.

D6AC56DC-1FD6-40B7-86E3-7A346ED8E6B0.jpeg

3838220D-B4B0-41BA-B13A-3041F2804C00.jpeg

161A9896-A8CB-4A6B-9D3A-DEBCF7BCE75D.jpeg

ETA: just tried tweezers and it’s rock hard, almost calcified? 

Are you referring to the tube in the bottom/middle of the picture?  It appears to be a Vermitid Snail tube. 

They can be smashed or broken off with tweezers or pliers.  Some people also just use super glue over the opening. 

UpsideDownPumpkin
3 hours ago, Jackal227 said:

Are you referring to the tube in the bottom/middle of the picture?  It appears to be a Vermitid Snail tube. 

They can be smashed or broken off with tweezers or pliers.  Some people also just use super glue over the opening. 

Thank you for your advice, the tweezers broke the tube but couldn’t remove it, so I’ve superglued it shut.