Pod Your Reef

upgrade lighting for biocube 32?

smoothette

Looking to upgrade my biocube 32 lighting, want to do lps, softies and maybe an sps at the top, what light would you recommend... also want to upgrade lighting for my fluval 13.5 to do lps, need recommendation for that.....

will also need to know where i can get tops for my tanks because i have kitties and dont want my tank tops open. thanks in advance for the help everyone!

On 6/14/2020 at 1:36 PM, smoothette said:

Looking to upgrade my biocube 32 lighting, want to do lps, softies and maybe an sps at the top, what light would you recommend... also want to upgrade lighting for my fluval 13.5 to do lps, need recommendation for that.....

will also need to know where i can get tops for my tanks because i have kitties and dont want my tank tops open. thanks in advance for the help everyone!

Hello Smoothette, i am a new member here but a long time lurker here and on R2R. There is an existing plug and play solution on the market for the Biocube. It's Steve's Leds. They are not cheap but offers a solution that uses the original Biocube top. The address is http://www.stevesleds.com I hope that helps you. FYI, For anyone wondering, i do not have any affiliation with the business mentioned. Just trying to pass on some information.

Regards.

• Like 1

thanks, i ended up going with the kessel a360we.. i called around to several stores... brs, marine depot, marine and reef and a few more, told them what i wished to do. and took their advice and my budget and thats what it worked out to be... would have loved to go the a360x but it was over 100 more... i also got a thick egg crate that i am cutting to size to fit on top of the tank and i am for the time being velcroving a few page dividers to deture the kitties from jumping they have been up a few days now and its worked.. hopefully by the time my lights are here i wont need them anymore because they look stupid but they are temporarily serving a purpose... the steves looked like a good option but i know nothing about uninstalling and installing and was reading if installed wrong it can melt the hood. im terribly uncoordinated and im sure i would have messed that up... thats why i didnt go with them, and being new in a city with not alot of friends i really have no one to ask to do it for me... thanks for getting back to me, i look forward to both of us learning and our tanks being successful!! cant wait to see yours