Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Need insight on setup!

Dmat21

So I guess what I’m wanting to know is if this NEW set up that I want to run is going to be a balanced system to grow and thrive anything
without having to do much. I’m a quadriplegic and have my family help me with my tanks so the more maintenance free the better. I also don’t have money to spend on fancy equipment.

Zetlight qmaven ll 6600 led fixture
thin custom lid
65 gallon tall tank Drilled 
Blue background
zacro automatic fish feeder
caribsea Hawaiian black sand
filter floss

Life Rock?? Do I need this? Cheaper route?
wave maker?? Can’t find an affordable one yet that I like. Any recommendations?
water heater? do I even need one? I live in Florida and in the man room stays around 77 78 79°F

20 gallon Aqueon sump with socks

Refugium?? Or??
if I go refugium i found the matching Aqueon sump Led light, And do the whole filter media?sand?live rock? Chaeto.

Simplicity 120 DC protein skimmer. Do I need a protein skimmer with this setup?
DC 800 GPH return pump
Jebao ds3 dosing pump
dosing calcium, ALK, and magnesium

I want to say that’s all I got so far LOL. If there’s anything else that anybody thinks I may need please let me know.
Thanks in advance for anybody answering and helping me out! Much appreciated

Thrassian Atoll

No clue what that light fixture is.  I have never heard of it.  How deep is the tank?  Anything over 24” is going to be really hard to clean.

If you want ease if maintance then a shallow tank would be ideal. A tall anything is a pain in the ass and might not be ideal for your family.

I would skip black sand and get some traditional sand. It needs more maintenance to look/stay clean. Some even go bare bottom with good flow so they won't have to maintain sand at all. This limits some fish.

Dry rock like BRS reef savers is probably the cheapest route and I would highly suggest getting rock. It serves as biological filtration and the fish need somewhere to hide and corals to attach to anyways. 

I don't know that light but Chinese led would be the low cost solution like Viperspecra or Mars aqua.

Jeabo is the cheap wave maker...keep in mind they can last a month or years. Just luck of the draw...if you get a dud then you will need to buy another. 

Skimmer and filtration depends on nutrients put in the tank and fish load.

Not all fish should be fed pellets or what can go in an auto feeder....be sure to choose wisely. For example Tangs or Foxface should be offered Nori regularly and certain bottom dwelling fish may need target feeding or cardinals are notorious for not eating pellets and so on. Clownfish, damsels, and common easier wrasse are glutinous and will certainly swarm an auto feeder.

Stock slowly with fish. This will help in the end.

Keep in mind most tanks need more maintenance the first 6 months to two years roughly. This is because it is not well established yet and can go through algae phases and nutrients not well balanced (too much or too little) and such.

If you want low maintenance I would do a soft coral tank...with some LPS sprinkled in. They are less demanding overall...often needing less water changes and not as expensive to keep. There are some real stunning softy tanks out there. 

• Like 2