Jump to content
WV Reefer

WV Reefer’s Macro Micro

Recommended Posts

jbb_00
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

The tank has its own clear lid and in that pic it is opaque with steam 

happy-face-729017-edited.jpg.c97692525d1d0e6f7861d4e4932e3e86.jpg

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer

Minor progress

 

A0CFF0CD-7D69-47AA-B735-228F6C36AACB.thumb.jpeg.f00032b79a51288d5c16e621a0aad51e.jpeg

 

Fiji Pink

 

7747B861-3A9D-4B77-966F-9F45BDA434F6.thumb.jpeg.065b6d68120a9935f1eec2d94ef67d21.jpeg


 

DC3CC9D7-B7DC-4262-B768-E3BAC2DAC8CA.thumb.jpeg.41e24ca7e86dbd593024a748b4e366a7.jpeg

 


 


 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
16 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Minor progress

 

A0CFF0CD-7D69-47AA-B735-228F6C36AACB.thumb.jpeg.f00032b79a51288d5c16e621a0aad51e.jpeg

 

Fiji Pink

 

7747B861-3A9D-4B77-966F-9F45BDA434F6.thumb.jpeg.065b6d68120a9935f1eec2d94ef67d21.jpeg


 

DC3CC9D7-B7DC-4262-B768-E3BAC2DAC8CA.thumb.jpeg.41e24ca7e86dbd593024a748b4e366a7.jpeg

 


 


 

Too much progress....

don’t you miss something, anything? Maybe you have to empty it out and redo it again when this hits page #5, at least. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
23 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Minor progress

 

A0CFF0CD-7D69-47AA-B735-228F6C36AACB.thumb.jpeg.f00032b79a51288d5c16e621a0aad51e.jpeg

 

Fiji Pink

 

7747B861-3A9D-4B77-966F-9F45BDA434F6.thumb.jpeg.065b6d68120a9935f1eec2d94ef67d21.jpeg


 

DC3CC9D7-B7DC-4262-B768-E3BAC2DAC8CA.thumb.jpeg.41e24ca7e86dbd593024a748b4e366a7.jpeg

 


 


 

Remind me, how many gallons is this teeny weeny thing? I'm loving it though. It's giving me bad ideas. Once again leading me down the path of despair and divorce flirting.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
4 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Remind me, how many gallons is this teeny weeny thing? I'm loving it though. It's giving me bad ideas. Once again leading me down the path of despair and divorce flirting.

4.7 gallons 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer

Having trouble finding the sweet spot for flow. 🙁
 

The pump that came with the tank is 152gph...... the flow was waaay too much which caused bubbles everywhere and at random times the pump would suck the pump chamber dry. 
 

Just for sh*ts and giggles I tried switching it to my Hydor which is 180gph and it seems to be not quite enough flow. WTF? 
 

**This is with the other chambers empty...... I haven’t even added anything to the media basket yet. 


Now I remember why I don’t mess with tanks that have plumbing. 🤦🏻‍♀️

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

You will figure it out........... I have faith in you........... :wink:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Having trouble finding the sweet spot for flow. 🙁
 

The pump that came with the tank is 152gph...... the flow was waaay too much which caused bubbles everywhere and at random times the pump would suck the pump chamber dry. 
 

Just for sh*ts and giggles I tried switching it to my Hydor which is 180gph and it seems to be not quite enough flow. WTF? 
 

**This is with the other chambers empty...... I haven’t even added anything to the media basket yet. 


Now I remember why I don’t mess with tanks that have plumbing. 🤦🏻‍♀️

That sucks! The Evo does better when the media basket is in- it displaces more water so that the other chambers stay more full. Maybe the original pump will be okay if you put some filter floss and a bag of carbon in the basket

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
35 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

That sucks! The Evo does better when the media basket is in- it displaces more water so that the other chambers stay more full. Maybe the original pump will be okay if you put some filter floss and a bag of carbon in the basket

Tried that...... it helps to slow down the flow so that the bubbles stop but the pump still eventually sucks the chamber dry. 
 

Seriously, I’ve been working on this for three f*cking days. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
16 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Tried that...... it helps to slow down the flow so that the bubbles stop but the pump still eventually sucks the chamber dry. 
 

Seriously, I’ve been working on this for three f*cking days. 

Boooooo. I guess it’s not flow adjustable like a little fountain pump or whatever? Maybe you’ll have to grab one of those tiny ones off amazon to meet in the middle. That’s annoying, especially since we are all waiting to see the micro magic!!

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
54 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Boooooo. I guess it’s not flow adjustable like a little fountain pump or whatever? Maybe you’ll have to grab one of those tiny ones off amazon to meet in the middle. That’s annoying, especially since we are all waiting to see the micro magic!!

The magic is about dead. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
8 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

The magic is about dead. 

That’s a huge bummer 😢

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

Had a look and found this video

looks like the rear chambers are running pretty low in these. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
GraniteReefer
6 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Tried that...... it helps to slow down the flow so that the bubbles stop but the pump still eventually sucks the chamber dry. 

Can’t you just add more water and the pump won’t run dry? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

Does the pump have intake grates? I would just block part of them. Glue something on the inside of the cover pops off. All the controllable tiny pumps are just a peice of plastic covering some of the grates.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...