ReefCleaners.org

WV Reefer’s Macro Micro

WV Reefer

mitten_reef
16 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Minor progress

A0CFF0CD-7D69-47AA-B735-228F6C36AACB.thumb.jpeg.f00032b79a51288d5c16e621a0aad51e.jpeg

Fiji Pink

7747B861-3A9D-4B77-966F-9F45BDA434F6.thumb.jpeg.065b6d68120a9935f1eec2d94ef67d21.jpeg

DC3CC9D7-B7DC-4262-B768-E3BAC2DAC8CA.thumb.jpeg.41e24ca7e86dbd593024a748b4e366a7.jpeg

Too much progress....

don’t you miss something, anything? Maybe you have to empty it out and redo it again when this hits page #5, at least. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
23 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Minor progress

A0CFF0CD-7D69-47AA-B735-228F6C36AACB.thumb.jpeg.f00032b79a51288d5c16e621a0aad51e.jpeg

Fiji Pink

7747B861-3A9D-4B77-966F-9F45BDA434F6.thumb.jpeg.065b6d68120a9935f1eec2d94ef67d21.jpeg

DC3CC9D7-B7DC-4262-B768-E3BAC2DAC8CA.thumb.jpeg.41e24ca7e86dbd593024a748b4e366a7.jpeg

Remind me, how many gallons is this teeny weeny thing? I'm loving it though. It's giving me bad ideas. Once again leading me down the path of despair and divorce flirting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Remind me, how many gallons is this teeny weeny thing? I'm loving it though. It's giving me bad ideas. Once again leading me down the path of despair and divorce flirting.

4.7 gallons 

• Like 3

Having trouble finding the sweet spot for flow. 🙁

The pump that came with the tank is 152gph...... the flow was waaay too much which caused bubbles everywhere and at random times the pump would suck the pump chamber dry. 

Just for sh*ts and giggles I tried switching it to my Hydor which is 180gph and it seems to be not quite enough flow. WTF? 

**This is with the other chambers empty...... I haven’t even added anything to the media basket yet. 

Now I remember why I don’t mess with tanks that have plumbing. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Having trouble finding the sweet spot for flow. 🙁

The pump that came with the tank is 152gph...... the flow was waaay too much which caused bubbles everywhere and at random times the pump would suck the pump chamber dry. 

Just for sh*ts and giggles I tried switching it to my Hydor which is 180gph and it seems to be not quite enough flow. WTF? 

**This is with the other chambers empty...... I haven’t even added anything to the media basket yet. 

Now I remember why I don’t mess with tanks that have plumbing. 🤦🏻‍♀️

That sucks! The Evo does better when the media basket is in- it displaces more water so that the other chambers stay more full. Maybe the original pump will be okay if you put some filter floss and a bag of carbon in the basket

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

That sucks! The Evo does better when the media basket is in- it displaces more water so that the other chambers stay more full. Maybe the original pump will be okay if you put some filter floss and a bag of carbon in the basket

Tried that...... it helps to slow down the flow so that the bubbles stop but the pump still eventually sucks the chamber dry. 

Seriously, I’ve been working on this for three f*cking days. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
ECLS Reefer
16 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Tried that...... it helps to slow down the flow so that the bubbles stop but the pump still eventually sucks the chamber dry. 

Seriously, I’ve been working on this for three f*cking days. 

Boooooo. I guess it’s not flow adjustable like a little fountain pump or whatever? Maybe you’ll have to grab one of those tiny ones off amazon to meet in the middle. That’s annoying, especially since we are all waiting to see the micro magic!!

54 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Boooooo. I guess it’s not flow adjustable like a little fountain pump or whatever? Maybe you’ll have to grab one of those tiny ones off amazon to meet in the middle. That’s annoying, especially since we are all waiting to see the micro magic!!

The magic is about dead. 

• Sad 3
MainelyReefer
6 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Can’t you just add more water and the pump won’t run dry? 

• Like 1

Does the pump have intake grates? I would just block part of them. Glue something on the inside of the cover pops off. All the controllable tiny pumps are just a peice of plastic covering some of the grates.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Not much progress to report on improving the flow but the tank is still running for now. I need a better low profile light if anyone has any suggestions. I was going to use my Asta but the arm is way too tall. 🙁 

099C716E-C2B4-4EDA-9AA8-A44725CFCDE0.thumb.jpeg.095280b7ced04640317f3f665ef65d3c.jpeg

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Can't you just hang a light from the shelf above it?

I could but don’t want to because it would be a pain when I need to remove the shelving ......and I don’t want to mess up the wood...Each shelf is actually two pieces of interlocking wood.  

• Like 2

How many inches between the tank and shelf?  The Pixie 30 has 2 nuts it could be hung from.  I can get the thermometer tonight to see now warm it is after it has been on all day.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Wingy said:

How many inches between the tank and shelf?  The Pixie 30 has 2 nuts it could be hung from.  I can get the thermometer tonight to see now warm it is after it has been on all day.

I think it’s about 6-7 inches of clearance. I looked at that one but I think the adjustable arm would make it just a bit too tall. 

SaltyGallon
15 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

You could maybe try on of the TMC iLumenAir Nano+ like @SaltyGallon

Salty, how big is the gooseneck on your light?

The gooseneck is 4.5" with the bendy bit itself being about 3.5". I have the light sat just over 2" above the top of the tank. It's only 3w though, so you might need a couple of them!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I think it’s about 6-7 inches of clearance. I looked at that one but I think the adjustable arm would make it just a bit too tall. 

I have the Pixie 30 and its 7 inches above the tank.  I can lower another inch and a half.  If I cut part of the bracket off I could go closer to the glass.  

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Wingy said:

I have the Pixie 30 and its 7 inches above the tank.  I can lower another inch and a half.  If I cut part of the bracket off I could go closer to the glass.  

That would be cutting it really close. .......I’ll have to take another look at it. 

2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

what about putting something behind the tank for the asta to attach to at the right height? 

No room. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s a tight fit on the bookshelf and I’m already hanging over a bit in the ass end. 

• Like 1