ReefCleaners.org

Restarting the RSM 130D - FW Start Page 9

Ratvan

What are you using for your bacteria source? So it isn't just your office that is shut down? 

I got a message from the person about the BTA's that was a little confusing but I took it to mean when one of the baby BTA moves from the main rock then he puts it up for sale. He never did post a picture or give an actual price so who knows. But that's OK since my main tank lights probably are not strong enough, and that is the most mature and stable tank I am running. Although the Evo V is 6 months now and I am still cycling that BRS and live rock combo so I can start up if quick if it is needed. It has been wet for a month and I do have a new bottle of Instant Ocean Bio Spira. Never used it before but gets pretty good reviews. Of course this is supposed to be for my son to pick through if he ever actual comes for the other 20. Sorry mucking up your thread with my stuff.

It's called ATM Colony. Seems to be a UK brand of Dr Tim's. Would have preferred liverock 🤷‍♂️. Half of the offices were shut already, I think only 1 building on the estate is remaining open and its not mine or the LFS. 

Ah muck away, all my RSM threads are cursed anyway

• Haha 2
Just now, debbeach13 said:

I remember when people added pee to their tanks for ammonia but haven’t heard of beer yet.

Was just coz he's on lockdown due to corona, idk if beer actually works!

• Haha 2

Sometimes I seriously feel like the universe is conspiring against this particular RSM 130... did you look up its original owner? Perhaps it was first set up in the antechamber of a coven, or maybe in the front-company office of some secret demonic cult. It may actually be cursed😥

• Haha 2

Good luck with it mate! Hopefully you’re out of it ASAP. I thought we were heading for lockdown but we were taken off the watch list Friday, 

im going nip up my LFS later today to see what’s in, 

have you ever used any of the battery powered vacs for an evo? 

14 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I remember when people added pee to their tanks for ammonia but haven’t heard of beer yet.

How does that actually work, I thought human pee was primarily Urea and not ammonia? 

11 hours ago, billygoat said:

Sometimes I seriously feel like the universe is conspiring against this particular RSM 130... did you look up its original owner? Perhaps it was first set up in the antechamber of a coven, or maybe in the front-company office of some secret demonic cult. It may actually be cursed😥

The guy I bought it cheap from did say it kept crashing on him too, hence the £70 sale.... 

1 hour ago, afcajax73 said:

Good luck with it mate! Hopefully you’re out of it ASAP. I thought we were heading for lockdown but we were taken off the watch list Friday, 

im going nip up my LFS later today to see what’s in, 

have you ever used any of the battery powered vacs for an evo? 

Not battery powered no, I always use the hand pump siphons

IMG_20200927_103740.thumb.jpg.5c9e8b979a271c0f346aa528b53f8b67.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, afcajax73 said:

I’ve got a hand pump one but been looking at the fluval and eheim battery ones which don’t take the water out, but not sure on if it will work in the fluval due to height. 

Can you not run the water through an old pillow case or something to get most the shite out? Then pour the water back in? 

1 hour ago, Proxo said:

Before you buy them fluval vacs as i was look into them myself;

Funnily enough, I watched that this morning! Thanks ! 

1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Can you not run the water through an old pillow case or something to get most the shite out? Then pour the water back in? 

Could do, I’m just looking for a quick way to do it regularly really 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, afcajax73 said:

Funnily enough, I watched that this morning! Thanks ! 

Could do, I’m just looking for a quick way to do it regularly really 

Might see if i can get a PVC fitting and a cheap micron filter bag, got everything else for one of them at home.

Anyways the tank doesn't look too bad this morning. Topped up the ATO, fed the fish and have completed a weekly 5G water change 

IMG_20200928_092040.thumb.jpg.312025419e5c3f7f2f4b2b9bfafd7c67.jpg

IMG_20200928_092032.thumb.jpg.ffb76f51bc418ac647ec88e22aaeae74.jpg

IMG_20200928_092036.thumb.jpg.40d3184347fed5e970409c73e749aba9.jpg 

• Like 2

Going to see if i can pick up some live rock (ideally a small branch) at lunch time, have to travel a fair distance but hopefully they will have something in stock for the Spec V so I can speed up the cycling, I hope that I can last at least until Friday before the transfer home.

Have also been looking at War Corals lately 😄

• Like 2

So picked up a rock from a fellow reefers sump for £5.00 that was completely engulfed in Brown Zoa's. Be interesting to see how they appear under the PAR38 Bulbs. Currently floating them in the RSM, will take photos once openIMG_20200928_115736.thumb.jpg.93dfc751a8a1c740bef418897cc4286c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1