Pod Your Reef

Restarting the RSM 130D - FW Start Page 9

Ratvan

Just now, debbeach13 said:

Well that really blows.

Yeah it is a ballache, just got the bloody thing up and running after last time.

I have a big directors meeting tomorrow, will see if i can count as Skeleton staff and work from the Office. I am not messing around with transporting my PC Desktop and kit to the office, to the house, to the office. 

Still not had to top up the ATO yet, nearly 2 weeks of use and still have roughly 2 of the 10 gallons remaining, might have to look into auto feeders again 🙄

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I hope the meeting results in you being allowed into the office. If not are you going to not get the clowns and BTA?

If I cant stay in the office at least three days a week, then no not going to stock the tank. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

If I cant stay in the office at least three days a week, then no not going to stock the tank. 

so just because you can't go into the office, we all have to suffer?

of course, I'm joking.. 

that's not good news at all! I hope you manage to get it sorted though. are there any provisions to give you access during non-office hours if you can continue to work from home.. so maybe travel in, in the evening for maintenance etc? 

Ugh another shutdown... I swear man you just can't catch a break with this tank. 😥

Hopefully this time at least they won't turn off the power entirely? Are at least some people going to be in the office?

2 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Ugh another shutdown... I swear man you just can't catch a break with this tank. 😥

Hopefully this time at least they won't turn off the power entirely? Are at least some people going to be in the office?

Well the return pump, ato and heater are on a UPS Battery Backup this time around, but will find out tomorrow. Pre owner 13.5G Evo for £40? That'll do

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I know that I will be unable to go another 3 months without setting up another SW tank, at least the Evo is fairly small and if in good condition cheap as for what it is. Also the same size as my 15g freshwater which is no more, do that'll please the ex Mrs Ratvan 😁

Ok so for the time being I can continue to work from the office, I will be the only member of my team not working from Home so i can maintain the 2m distancing rule that we have introduced in and around the office. As a result of this I picked up a cheap Clownfish pair from a local breeder rather than go for the Tomato Clowns and BTA that I was planning, 

This way is cheaper and the fish should be more hardy. I do have names in mind, but lets see how they cope with the weekend alone first

IMG_20200925_123134.thumb.jpg.53ad7e8a08b0241a8728ba084334f7e2.jpg

IMG_20200925_130716.thumb.jpg.187d06ce03b1039938a19942e54d932e.jpg

IMG_20200925_130714.thumb.jpg.f1d1f74167c61bbe08552d5675fcb8fb.jpg

Decided that tonight will set up the little 5.5G Cube for a short term homing fix in case things change and I need to leave the office permanently 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

That is good news about the office, for now anyway. Good idea about the little just in case tank. Good luck with the new fish. Are you also passing on the BTA for now?

For the moment yes i think that its the best idea 

Agreed with the tank being so new and possibly have to work from home again a couple fish and a couple softies would probably make more sense incase you have to move it all. I looked up some care for BTA posts and I am not sure about my lights. It seems BTA need almost as much light as SPS. Recommended 220 - 350 par. I found data on the orbit on my 20L is only 190 - 220 at 9" - 6". I am not 100% positive if that is for a single fixture or the dual like I have. Now I will try to find some data on my Nanobox duo maybe that on a 10 gallon would be better. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Agreed with the tank being so new and possibly have to work from home again a couple fish and a couple softies would probably make more sense incase you have to move it all. I looked up some care for BTA posts and I am not sure about my lights. It seems BTA need almost as much light as SPS. Recommended 220 - 350 par. I found data on the orbit on my 20L is only 190 - 220 at 9" - 6". I am not 100% positive if that is for a single fixture or the dual like I have. Now I will try to find some data on my Nanobox duo maybe that on a 10 gallon would be better. 

Yeah I did see that, thankfully my PAR38 bulb gives a decent PAR reading throughout the water column, if i find it lacking I have a second that I cold hook up too 

• Like 2
Just now, debbeach13 said:

Looks very familiar. Here's to a new start to a nice pico!

Its the floating rock scape, getting water and bacteria in it now. I'm hoping I have a few weeks for it to cycle otherwise it'll be fish in cycle as the LFS is now shut as I'm in lockdown again 😔

• Sad 1