Pod Your Reef

Restarting the RSM 130D - FW Start Page 9

Ratvan

• 2 months later...

Afternoon all, so I'm starting to think about brining this tank home once i have moved house in 3 weeks. 

What shall I do with the rock that is in the tank as it would have lost its cycle sitting in cold, stagnant water would it not? I'd have to start over wont i?

Also has anyone tried cycling a tank using Natural Sea Water? I am considering placing a regular monthly order for if/when this gets up and running

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Just checking in. Are you all moved into the place? Hope you are doing OK. 

Well now. House move fell through so currently I am homeless and splitting myself between sleeping in the car and sofa surfing 😄

I'm looking for places at the moment and hope to have somewhere (anywhere) within the next month. Other than that I am ok, I did pop into the office recently to see the tank and surprisingly it looks good despite not having been seen since September, all the equipment is in good working order so once I have somewhere settled I can set this up rather rapidly.

thanks for checking in though it is appreciated

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Holy crap! Homeless! I wasn’t expecting that. I guess I need to start checking the lounge to find out what the hell your up to. I do hope that you find some thing soon.

Not really on much at the moment to be honest, only really pop on when someone's making sure I'm not dead 😂

Good news is that I have all the parts I want to get this up and running and not have to fiddle with it for a while. Just need water, bottle of cycling bacteria and a house and it'll be up and running in no time. 

• Like 2

So breaking to tank down today in preparation for a move somewhere (anywhere at the moment to be honest) i think that I discovered the issue with the flow that I have been having. When I purchased this I was under the impression that the return pump was stock (that is how it was listed) just pulled it out it is a mightyjet 600 (so 150GPH) which is a whopping 200GPH less than the stock pump.

Screenshot_20210127_155838.thumb.jpg.30d502f6f960206dc74a98ba0e87ddfa.jpg

Thankfully Christmas I received the upgrade pump (400GPH) as well as a couple of cheap adjustable internal filters that I can remove the media racks from to run as powerheads (each being 400GPH) so should have up to 1200GPH in here when set up. So that I can get this thing up and running.

My fault for trusting people i guess. Lesson learned. Dont trust anybody!

Also not bad evaporation for 5 months without an ATO 😄

• Like 2

So with a heavy heart i have decided that its time to sell this thing and move on, I got a decent offer for the tank, stand and return pump (the upgraded one) that was honestly too good to turn down and kind of recoups the majority of what i have spend on it over the last couple of years. Also the guy said he'd also come remove it from the office for me which was a big concern of mine at the moment.

Sad to see it go but at the end of the day i need the money for the house move and i still have some equipment that I need to sell from it too. 

I intend to stay in the hobby and make my return soon, either with the 5G cube, or with a small pico jar in an attempt to keep costs down and also I really miss having a reef tank. Hopefully a good deal will pop up one day that is near me and i can get something larger, but until then Pico it is

Thanks for following

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Recouping most of the money spent is rare. I have no doubt you will have another tank. Take care of you and I hope you find an apartment soon. Stay in touch.

got a place, just waiting on some really f#cking lax c#nts to do their job and tell me when i can move. 

Still have the 5g cube laying around, just looking for an overflow type weir to hide the heater, pump and floss in plus give me a dry side to attach the kessil, plus a stand and i'm away. Oh and a lid/jump guard

Need to go to the office tomorrow to let the guys in, get rid of the tank (maybe some rock too) and then hopefully can focus on sorting out the new place and new(old) tank

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Country side pumpkin? 😄 
Right side of that fireplace the never restarting 4-6ft reef? 😄 

Very much so when i move in it'll take the population to 406!

Undecided on placement at the moment, will have to see where it fits once all the furniture is in. I am considering that placement as i can get NSW delivered, so hose through the window straight into the tank.

I aint moving the thing once it arrives either

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Grimes said:

Oh both belters and you know the ins n outs of RSM 🤣

14 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Congrat's on getting moved into your new place. Looking forward to your new set up no matter which set up you go with. 

Decided on the TMC 45 Cube with Sump and stand, comes with the return, drain plumbing, ato and reservoir as well as a jump guard.

So a 20 Gallon with a 5 Gallon Sump, 5 Gallon Reservoir.

I have the jebao knocking around from the RSM as well as a couple other wavemakers and some lights so should be getting it weekend of the 27th

• Like 1