SaltCritters.com

Restarting the RSM 130D - FW Start Page 9

Ratvan

Also decided that I liked two islands/rocks compared to three so shuffled the front rock to join the right hand side island

IMG_20200923_105633.thumb.jpg.74d97779f1ad33bb44595d4aca2704ba.jpg

Also opens up the sandbed more and allows for detritus so be more easily suspended in the water column so I have less dead zones

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, afcajax73 said:

I think you need to just get on with it so we can all see 😄 😄

Fine! So have ordered this to get things started in the tank 

75534814_2554846491264935_990929490118967296_n.jpg.c9a333eac77f45a8f5d3c200c413a131.jpg

Have also arranged to have the "Reef Soup" shipped to me once a month to keep up the Pod population.

Stocking ideas at the moment consist of some very simple ideas that really depends on what my LFS has in stock when I pop in. 

1. Clowns and Nems - Pair of Tank Bred Clowns and Tank Bred BTA's of various colours

2. Banggai and Macro - Pair (or starting Trio) of Banggai Cardinals and Macro Algae based on Sulawesi photos

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Both good ideas. If I had an empty tank that was mature enough I would love to try a bubble tip and clowns. I have never had a bubble tip. Are they OK in a tank this new?

As far as I can see it really depends on the stability of the tank as opposed to the maturity of the tank. So good news is that the fish are easy to source, the issue is now that I cannot locate an affordable anemone or the macro algae that I want......

Don't know, we will see what happens

EDIT: Clean up crew going in friday 25th

First additions still planned for monday 28th

• Like 1

I just looked up bubble tips for sale and they seem to start at around $65 up to $200. Plus shipping so I would think a local store is the way to go. Plus then you can make sure the foot is not damaged! So hard to find specific live stock in the stores these days. It seems some people have had success in new tanks but most say wait six months. Also make sure the power heads have covers on them. Now you got me researching the pros and cons. You are a bad influence! 

I meant $65 to over $500.00. I guess it doesn't hurt to charge $500 if some one is willing to pay $$$.

Edited by debbeach13
I lied
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I just looked up bubble tips for sale and they seem to start at around $65 up to $200. Plus shipping so I would think a local store is the way to go. Plus then you can make sure the foot is not damaged! So hard to find specific live stock in the stores these days. It seems some people have had success in new tanks but most say wait six months. Also make sure the power heads have covers on them. Now you got me researching the pros and cons. You are a bad influence! 

I meant $65 to over $500.00. I guess it doesn't hurt to charge $500 if some one is willing to pay $$$.

Wow thats a lot! Here are the ones I am looking at, and a green

image.thumb.png.6811252a528592b5a47c4a360438a66d.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
14 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

You underestimate just how much more reasonable folks are across the puddle lol, damnit man 30 American double-dollars for a tricolor bubble-tip is a crazy-good price, you'd have to find a local just wanting to get rid of it over here to even come close.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

You underestimate just how much more reasonable folks are across the puddle lol, damnit man 30 American double-dollars for a tricolor bubble-tip is a crazy-good price, you'd have to find a local just wanting to get rid of it over here to even come close.

Yeah just going to have to take a chance that they post well 🤷‍♂️

Suppose I'll pick up a bottle of bacteria on Friday as well as some new salt. Hoping for £100 for stock (pair nems pair clowns) or in that region

• Like 2

@Ratvan, have you looked on CellarMarine? I had mine from there, pics in my thread, It's doing well, decent size etc... wasn't expensive either. I was there a few days ago and they were limited on stock, but he did say he was expecting some in soon! I think @Proxo had his most recent order from there so might be able give you some feedback on delivery too

• Like 2
Just now, afcajax73 said:

@Ratvan, have you looked on CellarMarine? I had mine from there, pics in my thread, It's doing well, decent size etc... wasn't expensive either. I was there a few days ago and they were limited on stock, but he did say he was expecting some in soon! I think @Proxo had his most recent order from there so might be able give you some feedback on delivery too

image.thumb.png.589187d08f35cdaa8e17f2999c185aab.png

I possibly might have done 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Yeah it has been awhile since I found a local reefer selling corals that I want. Most are selling SPS. I will make an honest effort before I buy one. The local club just isn't as active as it once was but you never know.

• Like 3

^ Decent place, decent prices - was my recent order everything was packed so well, i even got 2 free bags of water...... or was that just to prop the bags a little tighter? 🤣.
Only 4 problems i had
1# a coral missing but they refunded it within about 10min of my email with no questions asked.
2# my fish jumped out of my tank and i'm just looking for somebody to blame 😄 .
3# my anemone is hiding, maybe stick some sponges in the caves you don't want it to go? 😄 
4# will order again and can't afford it.

• Haha 3