SaltCritters.com

Beginner. New Tank Advice

Mancuarist

Greets all, looking for some guidance. This will be my first saltwater aquarium, I have a small freshwater one. I'm not going to rush it, still learning.🧐

It will be a mixed reef tank. Starting my shopping list - I guess a tank should be at the top right? Looking at 4 models. I know there may be better options than these but it's a matter of cost. I'm in the UK.

•     Waterbox Marine 45.2
  •     TMC Reef Habitat 60
  •     Aqua One ReefSys 180
  •     Aquarium Systems L'Aquarium 2.0 250

Would love to hear thoughts on recommended kit and things to avoid. Thanks all🍻

not familiar with the other systems but hear good things about Waterbox Aquariums.  Have you looked at Red Sea offerings?

Im far from an expert...all i can say is research, go slow and dont skimp on equipment you will eventually wind up spending for the higher end stuff in the end., I have done this numerous times. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

2 hours ago, Mancuarist said:

Greets all, looking for some guidance. This will be my first saltwater aquarium, I have a small freshwater one. I'm not going to rush it, still learning.🧐

It will be a mixed reef tank. Starting my shopping list - I guess a tank should be at the top right? Looking at 4 models. I know there may be better options than these but it's a matter of cost. I'm in the UK.

•     Waterbox Marine 45.2
  •     TMC Reef Habitat 60
  •     Aqua One ReefSys 180
  •     Aquarium Systems L'Aquarium 2.0 250

Would love to hear thoughts on recommended kit and things to avoid. Thanks all🍻

Hello, my choice would be the TMC Reef Habitat 60.

I have the old TMC 60cm tank but, with a acrylic custom sump. 

18 hours ago, snostorm said:

not familiar with the other systems but hear good things about Waterbox Aquariums.  Have you looked at Red Sea offerings?

Im far from an expert...all i can say is research, go slow and dont skimp on equipment you will eventually wind up spending for the higher end stuff in the end., I have done this numerous times. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you, I have looked at Red Sea but seem overpriced if honest. I think the quality of the others is close (to my beginner eyes). I must say I'm leaning to the Waterbox.

18 hours ago, stacyW said:

Hello, my choice would be the TMC Reef Habitat 60.

I have the old TMC 60cm tank but, with a acrylic custom sump. 

Hey thanks Stacy. Good to see some love for the TMC. I've been following "Ian's Coral Reef" on YouTube and he seems to get along with it.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I got my first waterbox tank last year and i absolutely love it. It is such a good build. Ps.. I might be a little biased lol. 

53 minutes ago, Waterbox Aquariums said:

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!  : )

You guys are on the ball 😁 Your YouTube videos are excellent I must say.

• Like 1