inTank Media Baskets

IM lids

second_decimal

second_decimal

Hi.. does anyone have a newer version of the IM tank covers? I am searching for solutions for my IM 20g Fusion Nuvo and have contacted safetop and clearview but no response so far. Although I have a cover that come with the tank but its an older style so i had to use those dumb clips that slide over the side of the glass. Unfortunately the clips go low enough to make contact with the surface and, through surface tension, the water creeps up and over the sides of the tank causing puddling outside of the tank. I saw that the newer version has a better design but it looks like it makes complete contact with the seating surface all the way around. this leads me to become concerned with condensation. any of you have any experience with the new covers? 

I have a new version of the cover and it works great. I don't notice excessive condensation. The way it sits on the tank does make it a bit more difficult to remove though. 

• Like 1
Kellie in CA

The new covers are great.  No issues at all.  They sit pretty snugly inside the tank so there is no way that anything is getting out. 

Looks just like the "DD Jumpguard Pro" kit I put on a while back. The frame was good, but the screen holes were skewed (parallelogram shaped) from manufacturing, that made it near impossible to get a clean look. Had to order black screen from BRS to fix that. 

I really like the IM lid that came with my 25g lagoon pro kit. Fits tight, solid, and looks great. At first glance, I thought it would be a candidate for replacement, but no need, it is a very nice lid.

• Like 1
second_decimal
20 minutes ago, xthunt said:

Looks just like the "DD Jumpguard Pro" kit I put on a while back. The frame was good, but the screen holes were skewed (parallelogram shaped) from manufacturing, that made it near impossible to get a clean look. Had to order black screen from BRS to fix that. 

did you do a thread? I think i came across that or at least the DD kit and someone replacing the screen, when searching. it looked really great if i recall. 

3 hours ago, second_decimal said:

Hi.. does anyone have a newer version of the IM tank covers? I am searching for solutions for my IM 20g Fusion Nuvo and have contacted safetop and clearview but no response so far. Although I have a cover that come with the tank but its an older style so i had to use those dumb clips that slide over the side of the glass. Unfortunately the clips go low enough to make contact with the surface and, through surface tension, the water creeps up and over the sides of the tank causing puddling outside of the tank. I saw that the newer version has a better design but it looks like it makes complete contact with the seating surface all the way around. this leads me to become concerned with condensation. any of you have any experience with the new covers? 

I have the new version on my 20g and loved it so much I got the kit for my lagoon.

I hate the clips because of possible water dripping over and there is a gap between the glass and lid.

The new version looks much cleaner too

• Like 1
second_decimal

i am excited to see. i had a clearview lid on my 10g and i liked it very much. the IM cover was 40 out the door. Clearview was a little more difficult. for some reason they describe their product styles really well but decided a small pic as a visual aid is too much. the gallery is great and i can see the EXO style, but really its not very well laid out and you don't know exactly what you looking at not to mention @180 with 2 small cut outs in the rear and a larger cutout in the front seems a little steep even if it is their "premium" product. so that winds up being a purchase on expectation and hope that it come out like what you want. On the other hand, I did not even hear back from Safetop. 

I got 2 of the IM pro kits but they each came with different rail styles. The first was the 24x24 for my evo 13.5. The rails on this had a lip around the outside so that it sits nice and flush with the top of the tank. The spline is square-ish that clicks into place. 

On the 36x24 kit there's no lip on the rails. However the corner brackets do so that's what holds it up. The spline is round and needs to be rolled into the slot. I find this makes it harder to get a tight fit with the mesh screen compared to the other kit. Why there's a difference I don't know. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, AquaVaj said:

I got 2 of the IM pro kits but they each came with different rail styles. The first was the 24x24 for my evo 13.5. The rails on this had a lip around the outside so that it sits nice and flush with the top of the tank. The spline is square-ish that clicks into place. 

On the 36x24 kit there's no lip on the rails. However the corner brackets do so that's what holds it up. The spline is round and needs to be rolled into the slot. I find this makes it harder to get a tight fit with the mesh screen compared to the other kit. Why there's a difference I don't know. 

The one with the lip on the rails is the new version of their lid.

The older version didn't have the lip, requiring plastic clips to hold it in place. So the 36x24 is the older version of the lids

I attached a pic of the clips that are needed for the older version

im-diy-mesh-clips.jpg

• Like 1
second_decimal

That's what i had. but the way the clips sit they are too close to the water surface and break surface tension. this causes the water to creep up and over the rim leading to small puddles on the outside of the tank. The new version i ordered has the lip all the way around and it worked pretty well. had to cut the aluminum rails to size though. that was pretty easy but someone who doesn't have a hacksaw (or dremel) that would need to be added to the cost putting you closer to the more expensive options. furthermore, the rails need to be cut pretty exact otherwise you will wind up ordering additional rails. 

1 hour ago, second_decimal said:

That's what i had. but the way the clips sit they are too close to the water surface and break surface tension. this causes the water to creep up and over the rim leading to small puddles on the outside of the tank. The new version i ordered has the lip all the way around and it worked pretty well. had to cut the aluminum rails to size though. that was pretty easy but someone who doesn't have a hacksaw (or dremel) that would need to be added to the cost putting you closer to the more expensive options. furthermore, the rails need to be cut pretty exact otherwise you will wind up ordering additional rails. 

I love the new lid. Got one for my lagoon.

I hated the clips

• Like 1
second_decimal

I used a clearview lid for IM10 AIO. it was definitely an upgrade but this IM Lid is a good item, lets in plenty of light and sits well in the tank w/o disturbing the profile at all. the only thing i would ask for is a rail that can be used as the front only with a small horizontal offset to allow finger ability to lift it off the tank more easily. 

3 hours ago, Clown79 said:

The one with the lip on the rails is the new version of their lid.

The older version didn't have the lip, requiring plastic clips to hold it in place. So the 36x24 is the older version of the lids

I attached a pic of the clips that are needed for the older version

im-diy-mesh-clips.jpg

No, there were no clips. The corner brackets had the lip so the screen is being held up at the corners. Kinda like the redsea ones. It's possible they included the lipped brackets from the new kit with the older style rails to get rid of old stock. The lipped rails gives a much cleaner and seamless look. 

There are 2 versions of the IM lids.

The older version you need clips, it has no lip to hold it in place, it has a section to break off for wire feeding 

The new version has a lip on each corner to hold it in place so there is no need for clips anymore