Jump to content
TheRope

The Fool's 1.5g Tidepool Pico

Recommended Posts

Break
59 minutes ago, TheRope said:

Trying outnsome drout resistant succulents since thr air plants didnt work, sincerely doubt this will work either.. Mangrove looking happy tho

received_306659487418136.jpeg

received_2347586728699976.jpeg

I always find air plants to be finicky. I think the succulents look better anyhow!

 

Loving the selection of zoas/palys - you must have some decent local shops in your area!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites

I'd recommend salt-tolerant succulents like barrel cacti, Batis maritima, strand asters, or something like Oenanthe fistulosa.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope
5 hours ago, Break said:

I always find air plants to be finicky. I think the succulents look better anyhow!

 

Loving the selection of zoas/palys - you must have some decent local shops in your area!

Yeah we have aome really nice shops around here, I mostly get stuff from people i know!

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope
5 hours ago, Amphrites said:

I'd recommend salt-tolerant succulents like barrel cacti, Batis maritima, strand asters, or something like Oenanthe fistulosa.

Wow I didnt even know salt resistant plants existed.. That will be the next option I actually love how the batis maritima looks, that might be the perfect plant...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites
3 hours ago, TheRope said:

Wow I didnt even know salt resistant plants existed.. That will be the next option I actually love how the batis maritima looks, that might be the perfect plant...

Native to east coast swamplands, pretty to boot, it's a shame the swamp lilly's don't have the same tolerance.

Glad I could help ^^

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ffoott

It's turning out great!

 

Sadly, I cant, for the life of me, find one of these vases for sale in Europe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
FreshwaterFishMan
11 hours ago, Break said:

I always find air plants to be finicky. I think the succulents look better anyhow!

 

Loving the selection of zoas/palys - you must have some decent local shops in your area!

The only reason everyone airplants die is because of the watering misconceptions, you dint spray them, you have to soak them in a glass of declorinated water for 12-24 hours once a week, I have a few airplants that are 2 and 1/2 years old using that method 🙂

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope
5 hours ago, FreshwaterFishMan said:

The only reason everyone airplants die is because of the watering misconceptions, you dint spray them, you have to soak them in a glass of declorinated water for 12-24 hours once a week, I have a few airplants that are 2 and 1/2 years old using that method 🙂

I was doing exactly that, misting every morning hours before lights came on and then id soak em at the end of the week, they all dried out. Meanwhile the ones I have over my micro pond I never spray never soak are doing amazing... Im thinking it was a little too salty for them.. Or the light was too direct on them not sure

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope
6 hours ago, ffoott said:

It's turning out great!

 

Sadly, I cant, for the life of me, find one of these vases for sale in Europe.

I'm sure if you go to a random home improvement store of sorts you can find something, I was thinking of even doing it in a round shallow glass bowl before I found this one! , maybe that would be something you can try?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
cheesesteak
4 minutes ago, TheRope said:

I was doing exactly that, misting every morning hours before lights came on and then id soak em at the end of the week, they all dried out. Meanwhile the ones I have over my micro pond I never spray never soak are doing amazing... Im thinking it was a little too salty for them.. Or the light was too direct on them not sure

The lighting could have definitely been too high, epiphytes are typically found under tree canopies I think. 

 

The aquatic stuff is looking great though! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

What’s the bright yellow/orange zoa on the right side of the pool?? 🤩

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
TheRope
10 minutes ago, cheesesteak said:

The lighting could have definitely been too high, epiphytes are typically found under tree canopies I think. 

 

The aquatic stuff is looking great though! 

I think that was is, and at the time I disnt have the stand raised up, so it probably scorched em... 

9 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

What’s the bright yellow/orange zoa on the right side of the pool?? 🤩

I think theyre called yellow canaries, but i payed nowhere near the price of yellow canaries... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
FreshwaterFishMan
50 minutes ago, TheRope said:

I was doing exactly that, misting every morning hours before lights came on and then id soak em at the end of the week, they all dried out. Meanwhile the ones I have over my micro pond I never spray never soak are doing amazing... Im thinking it was a little too salty for them.. Or the light was too direct on them not sure

I would guess if you were doing that then it was too salty for them 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...