Top Shelf Aquatics

The Fool's 1.5g Tidepool Pico

TheRope

I will be tearing down my current 2 gallon long this weekend. And starting from scratch with this micro tide pool pico concept. 

Follow along to see how it goes i guess 🙂 

Dimensions of the vase are 12"diameter and 4" tall 

Ill be using live sand, and whatever dry rock i can find at my lfs this week. 

Stocking list will be very simple, but im hoping the overall design will make up for the simplicity!

received_584840855514372-02.jpeg

IMG_20200804_194454.jpg

December 15, 2020 

Update: the zoas have been segregated to the sandbed by the uncontrollable (but intended) onslaught of beautiful discosoma 

IMG_20201214_163753-01.jpeg

• Like 9

received_578306616403328-01.jpeg

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

I just fell in love  !!! Where did you get the shallow vase from ? 

I got it on amazon!

1 hour ago, Elizabeth94 said:

This is super neat! 

Thank you! I hope it goes smoothly

• Like 7

Really cool! I had something almost identical for a short while during the container contest but but life got in the way and I took it down.

Really excited to see this one!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
37 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Really cool! I had something almost identical for a short while during the container contest but but life got in the way and I took it down.

Really excited to see this one!

Damn I thought I was the first one with a reef wabi kusa😂😂😂

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, TheRope said:

Damn I thought I was the first one with a reef wabi kusa😂😂😂

Haha Kat had something kinddd of like it too but with a second bowl filled with dongs..

Nano-reef can get a little strange sometimes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
49 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Haha Kat had something kinddd of like it too but with a second bowl filled with dongs..

Filled with whaaat?

• Haha 2

This is awesome. 

I just want to be upfront...I'm copying you. I even asked my wife and she said yes, feel free to do it. Well she actually said something like "do whatever the fxxx you want," something something "it's not like you listen to me anyway." So, her excitement has me even more excited to do this. I normally have to argue with her to get my way, so the fact that she was instantly in agreement is great. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
ECLS Reefer
31 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Rock hard dongs 😂

Okay thats not what I envisioned at first, but that is quite an interesting tank thread 😳😂

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, 5*Chris said:

This is awesome. 

I just want to be upfront...I'm copying you. I even asked my wife and she said yes, feel free to do it. Well she actually said something like "do whatever the fxxx you want," something something "it's not like you listen to me anyway." So, her excitement has me even more excited to do this. I normally have to argue with her to get my way, so the fact that she was instantly in agreement is great. 😁

I get the " where the f#+k are you going to put it ? " or " how much stuff do you have to order " lmao. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
14 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Omg I remember thattttt!!! 

12 hours ago, 5*Chris said:

This is awesome. 

Hahahahahahahaha I convinced mine that this one would be more aesthetic for the living room than the last and take up the same amount of space so basically I'm just replacing it for something better... She loves this one 🙂

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I get the " where the f#+k are you going to put it ? " or " how much stuff do you have to order " lmao. 

Lol, she said that. I jokingly said...🤷🏽‍♂️, Maybe your side of the bed. She seriously said, "well, there'd be plenty of room, since you'll be on the couch." She's so rude sometimes. 

18 minutes ago, TheRope said:

Omg I remember thattttt!!! 

Hahahahahahahaha I convinced mine that this one would be more aesthetic for the living room than the last and take up the same amount of space so basically I'm just replacing it for something better... She loves this one 🙂

Well your tide pool is perfect! Hopefully I can do something nice and maybe my wife will love it. If not, then I'll stick with my original plan of spending all our money on tanks and coral so she can't afford to leave me 😁

• Haha 5
28 minutes ago, 5*Chris said:

Lol, she said that. I jokingly said...🤷🏽‍♂️, Maybe your side of the bed. She seriously said, "well, there'd be plenty of room, since you'll be on the couch." She's so rude sometimes. 

Well your tide pool is perfect! Hopefully I can do something nice and maybe my wife will love it. If not, then I'll stick with my original plan of spending all our money on tanks and coral so she can't afford to leave me 😁

So far the only condition ive had is "it has to be quiet" this ones Muuuch more silent that the last one you dont even hear the flow as its diffused going through the rocks!

• Like 3

Sooo i purchased two corals, will post pics once they've acclimated. 

1 point to anyone who guesses what I got 😂

Hint: ive had one of each in the reef bowl and they were my favorite corals I've ever kept!

• Like 1

Really like this. If you could add some kind of top off (gravity?) I feel like you’d have a complete system - or will the system tolerate salinity swings?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1