Pod Your Reef

1/8" mesh for lid- suggestions?

Tired

I have very tiny fish, and I'd like to augment my existing lid, which has 1/4" mesh, with 1/8" mesh so nothing can jump out. Can anyone suggest a brand or variety of mesh I should use? I'd like something that's not too visibly obvious, and won't block too much of the light. 

Is stainless steel OK? I know it'll rust eventually, but I assume it'll last a few years. 

4 minutes ago, Tired said:

I have very tiny fish, and I'd like to augment my existing lid, which has 1/4" mesh, with 1/8" mesh so nothing can jump out. Can anyone suggest a brand or variety of mesh I should use? I'd like something that's not too visibly obvious, and won't block too much of the light. 

Is stainless steel OK? I know it'll rust eventually, but I assume it'll last a few years. 

Stainless will rust and pretty quickly.

I doubled up my mesh on my lid to create smaller openings as my blenny got through the 1/4".

I just cut out another sheet of the 1/4" mesh, added it on top of the other creating very small openings.

Yeah, that's probably what I'm going to end up doing. I have some craft mesh that has very small holes, but the plastic between them is so thick that it provides a lot of shade, so that's no good. 

• Like 1