Innovative Marine Aquariums

6 line wrasse

dling

I'm wanting g to add another fish. Tank is 50g. I have 2 royal gramma, 2 ocellaris clowns  and 1 yellow watchman goby. Live aquaria say 55g min tank size. Would the 6 line be okay in my tank. BTW. It's a reef tank. 

NoOneLikesADryTang

It will be fine - they're a good nano wrasse, because they don't get too big. They often get a bad rap for being bullies, but I haven't experienced it. I think you'll be fine, since your other fish have all established territories in the tank. 

If you're wanting a wrasse, you might also consider a yellow coris wrasse. They're peaceful, and always out in the water column looking for pests/food. 

Reading about the yellow coris on LA. They say it will eat wild shrimp.  I have a pistol shrimp.  Would it be safe ?  I like the LA says you can add a pair of them.  I would get 2 .

NoOneLikesADryTang
Just now, dling said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  Would the yellow be good in a 50g tank size ? 

Yes - I think they get to about 5" when fully grown. I've got a small one in one of our 17-gallon tanks, and it's happy. Once it gets too big though, we'll move it to our 80-gallon and get another small one. They've got great little personalities (I think they have better personalities than a six line, but aren't as pretty of a fish.) 

NoOneLikesADryTang
Just now, dling said:

Reading about the yellow coris on LA. They say it will eat wild shrimp.  I have a pistol shrimp.  Would it be safe ?  I like the LA says you can add a pair of them.  I would get 2 .

We've got a candy cane pistol in the 17 gallon, and it's left it alone. The pistol was in there for about a month without a goby, and didn't get bothered. 

The yellow Wrasses arrived Thursday. They are both swimming around . The only problem is that one is picking at the other.

Livequaria say they are peaceful and can be with other Wrasses including other yellow Wrasses.

• 5 weeks later...

So as I wrote before one of the Wrasse was picking at the other. It finally died. So I just added a yellow watchman goby. Guess who the bully is ? 

That's correct.  Yellow wrasse!!! This make me very concerned.  I've ordered a yellow banded possum wrasse . Total cost including shipping and the fricking box charge is 129.00. Hope it will be ok once added to the tank.