inTank Media Baskets

75G Rimless Reef of Rectification( Bubble tip split!!!)

Addinali

So I got home to find my heater has been unplugged the whole 5 days I was on vacation........😭😭😭😭😭 So a lot of things are pissed off, receding. Or look like they are on deaths bed. Luckily I have a smaller heater hooked up to it so it only dropped to 74 from 80. Could have been 70 if it wasn't for the other heater.

good news is I'm starting to get the 75G wet.

MVIMG_20200617_163631.jpg

MVIMG_20200617_163637.jpg

• Like 2

So since everything was pissed off from the heater fiasco. I decided to move everything from the 50g over to this tank. This is not the final scape it's just how it was thrown in there.

I still have a lot of cable management and rock scape fixing to do. We will see how this goes so here's a sneak peak more pics to come tomorrow.

MVIMG_20200618_212346.jpg

MVIMG_20200618_205718.jpg

MVIMG_20200618_205851.jpg

MVIMG_20200618_210341.jpg

• Like 2

Does anybody know the model of this reef octopus skimmer. It's like the bh100F but bigger with 3 chambers instead of 2. It's the size of a 5 gallon bucket. 

MVIMG_20200607_203643.jpg

MVIMG_20200607_203801.jpg

I am so happy my Anemone is bouncing back I thought I was going to loose it from the temp drop. and everything else is slowly getting color and growth back. Yay.

MVIMG_20200620_133931.jpg

MVIMG_20200620_134008.jpg

MVIMG_20200620_134347.jpg

MVIMG_20200620_134322.jpg

So I added a few guys today. First was the blue Chromis now the gang is up to 6. I lost my black Ice clown like I have no clue where he went. So he was replaced with the black clown. And got my favorite a yellow tang. Here's a horrible video of the tanks progress.

• Like 2

So I've been having some fun I wasn't going to talk about it but now I have found Monti eating nudis and it angers me because I dip my corals.

So it starts two nights ago I was hooking to ATO up when somehow I crack the side of my sump. I go straight panic thinking water is about to go everywhere. Well apparently it was such a clean break water didn't even come out. It was late so all the stores were closed and will have to wait until morning to fix. 

About one hour later the power goes out which puts more water in the sump which has a crack from the top center all the way to the bottom. Somehow water still did not leak thank you lady luck.

The next morning (yesterday) I go to the store and get supplies to patch it up. That all goes fine works great. 

Than we get to today I noticed my Montiporas are just looking like turd take a closer look and bam see 3 nudis I'm like *#@^. So I get my tooth brush and dip already and I got as many I could off and dipped the rest off scrubbed for eggs and fragged the dead pieces. 

All of this on top of the heater issue last week.

Sorry I just had to vent.

MVIMG_20200624_195620.jpg

MVIMG_20200624_195558.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
10 minutes ago, Addinali said:

So I've been having some fun I wasn't going to talk about it but now I have found Monti eating nudis and it angers me because I dip my corals.

So it starts two nights ago I was hooking to ATO up when somehow I crack the side of my sump. I go straight panic thinking water is about to go everywhere. Well apparently it was such a clean break water didn't even come out. It was late so all the stores were closed and will have to wait until morning to fix. 

About one hour later the power goes out which puts more water in the sump which has a crack from the top center all the way to the bottom. Somehow water still did not leak thank you lady luck.

The next morning (yesterday) I go to the store and get supplies to patch it up. That all goes fine works great. 

Than we get to today I noticed my Montiporas are just looking like turd take a closer look and bam see 3 nudis I'm like *#@^. So I get my tooth brush and dip already and I got as many I could off and dipped the rest off scrubbed for eggs and fragged the dead pieces. 

Wow... I can’t believe that didn’t leak. 

• Like 1
Just now, WV Reefer said:

Wow... I can’t believe that didn’t leak. 

No leak at all even when the power went out. Not even a drop all night I was in shock.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Addinali said:

Wow, incredibly lucky, and at the same time not!

Ergh Nudi's, hate them. Almost as much as Xenia

• Like 1

Nothing to crazy to report one Monti I think is going to die from everything and another got fragged to a nub. Good news I have not seen any for 3 days now. My green slimer has gone from a bright green to more of a dark green. Maybe from Nitrate's they are between 5-10 so not to bad. It's growing great so not to worried.

But just enjoying watching everything growing.

MVIMG_20200628_202638.jpg

MVIMG_20200628_163012.jpg

• Like 2

Put up some shelf's to hold some supplies other than that nothing has changed. And no the shelf doesn't get in the way of the door opening.

MVIMG_20200629_213145.jpg

MVIMG_20200629_213241.jpg

MVIMG_20200629_213151.jpg

• Like 2

I don't know if anyone else has a yellow tang but man is this guy a goofy fish. He darts in and out of rocks. I'm pretty sure he wants to mate or be buds with the Clingfish he's always hanging out with him. And they sleep together at night. I am very glad I added him I was nervous though because Tangs have so many possible problems and I was not going to get him. But I am glad I did. 

MVIMG_20200630_201828.jpg

• Like 2

Well I have been testing polyp lab One to see how well it works........ It's a little to well. 

Calcium 506ppm 

Alk 13.8DKH

Mag 1320ppm

P.H 8.4

Going to lay off the dosing for the next few days.