Pod Your Reef

Dobler132

Setting up my 13g AIO tank again 

Equipment:

-13g AIO. (I was told by a member on here a few years ago that it was Aquamedic prototype, but I’m not sure) 

-For now an Aqua Knight LED light my dad had laying around. I will be upgrading soon. 

-Sicce .5 return pump

-Jebao SLW-10

-Pacific Coast Nano Skimmer

-75 watt Eheim Jager

-Aquatic Life RODI unit. 

I’ve always wanted to have a zoa garden, so that’s what plan to do with it this time.  Possibly a photosynthetic gorgonian. Would like to put in a goby/shrimp pair, but also considering going bare bottom.  Any fish recommendations for a bare bottom nano? 

32BBA7AB-3F14-41F6-BA23-A0A56E8BC2F8.thumb.jpeg.ca8477682510b7dc0fcebb4a0d969543.jpeg

Anyone ever seen this on an AIO tank?  It’s a section on the back of the tank behind the filter compartments that isn’t connected to the rest of the tank. The glass that separates it is lower than the rest of the glass.  I’m planning to use it as a fail safe if the auto top off doesn’t shut off. It holds about 1.5g.  Do you think it was designed for this purpose? 

6B589CE2-BC69-4F66-A08F-A0316256104D.jpeg

EAE2B2FF-BAC2-4529-9367-0F9DFDD3F2B0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Dobler132 said:

The dimensions of the display are 22Wx13.5Hx10D in.  Maybe that tiny jebao sw-10 makes it seem bigger? 

Yea must be.  I didn't know the sw-10 is that small... 

• 2 months later...

That tank was sold in Europe 10 years ago as a Haquoss Proreef (google it) and yes, thats a ATO reservoir in the back. I had this once and loved it. The only problem was finding proper lighting for it - but that is certainly not an issue anylonger with all the nano LED's available. 

growsomething

That's a great idea for a truly aio tank.  It'd look better if the rear sides were blacked off like the nuvos.

Zoas are great in these small tanks, they don't get "lost", and I think gorgs are the perfect contrast for them in this tank size.

I got 2 purple whip from KP Aquatics and they are bulletproof.

That reservoir is awesome. I bet one of the tiny pumps like the ones that come with the micro ATO would fit. I got I really tiny pump on amazon for $5 or $6 I think it was 80gph, I gave it away so I could be wrong about that last part.