Top Shelf Aquatics

Eye damaged?

GlasgowReefer

GlasgowReefer

Hard to get a picture but one of my clownfish has a white bubble(Best way i can describe it) round its eye.  Anyone know what could cause it ?

hard to get a picture 😞

CCB3A69B-FA69-425D-8CFA-FA3E4BF40B8A.jpeg

B8106599-3220-4B3E-BE92-BB0B8B008B01.jpeg

GlasgowReefer

Just had a look and both fishes both left eyes are the same. Could it be damaged from net or something ? Or could it be an injection

40 minutes ago, GlasgowReefer said:

Just had a look and both fishes both left eyes are the same. Could it be damaged from net or something ? Or could it be an injection

If it's from the net it should heal overtime on its own. But if it's bacterial I would get him into a QT tank and start some anti bacterial treatment.

• Like 1

My clown had something similar a while back, and he pulled through. He doesn't see well with that eye though. I was unable to treat and quarantine as I didn't have another tank setup for it. If I where to hazard a guess, it was bacterial in nature, i let that tank go (maintenance wise) for a long time. 

• Like 1

Pulling and treating the fish as though it's a bacterial infection is probably a good idea. If it is just an injury, keeping bacteria away will help regardless. 

• Like 2
GlasgowReefer

just to close this and let anyone know

day 4/5 of anti bacterial and they are back to normal happy eating and no issues. Will continue for a couple more days or till the 10th day as the bottle says and hopefully it won't come back.

Happy Days 

I take it the fish is doing better (excellent!), but I can't make heads or tails of the rest of your post.  Did you treat with something?