ReefCleaners.org

Plumbers help with rodi install on water heater

John_adam

Getting a new RODI system and I’m wanting to know if it’s possible to connect it on one of the lines in or around the water heater that’s in my garage. In the past I’ve always tied it off a faucet or the laundry but neither of those are an option for this house. The garage is really my only option that would pass the wife test. But I have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to plumbing. Is there any way I could make it work off of any of these lines? This is a rental house so I would like to not piss the landlord off by ruining the plumbing as well. Looks to not be copper pipe but that pex stuff. Could someone point me in the right direction and list of parts that I could get to make it work. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

My only other option is at least a 75 foot run of line out the garage and around the house to the hose spigot which is not ideal. 

Those pictures truly inspire fixing...definitely not broke!  (yet)

I'd suggest having a pro get involved as there can be issues with back-pressure from the heater to account for.

Personally I'd have a pro install a regular point of use faucet in the garage for this purpose so you have a real shut-off when the time comes to need one.  

image.png.ea4b9af6d9f8915cacee6713f23ee061.png

Landlord might even do it for you.