Jump to content
Dirté Sanchez

120g gαя∂єη σƒ нєѕρєяι∂єѕ 🐚 Wrasse heavy happiness

Recommended Posts

jack1978
15 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Oh it’ll show up. They’ve never treated me wrong at CVL. It’s just pitiful that I got It for my wrasses and now there’s literally nothing in there that will even attempt to jump. Don’t know many CUC capable of it. And no lid can keep a determined snail in.

I was just poking fun.

How do those tops do regarding sagging/curling? 

They do look nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
22 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I was just poking fun.

How do those tops do regarding sagging/curling? 

They do look nice.

Haven’t had one sag yet, this will make my third purchase from them. And I’m pretty free with taking them off, hauling them around, dropping them occasionally... they’re hard wearing. @Tamberav has them

on her tank to prevent cat predation and I think she said they support the cats weight.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

It’s been over three weeks since all my fish died on me. The one lone survivor, a green chromis, is doing well. Corals have finally started looking amazing and recovered from the stress of it all. 
 

Electricity was out yesterday as a noxious side effect of Hurricane Laura, and stayed off for 7.5 hours. Kept flow moving using battery powered air pumps, and thankfully the house never got hot in either room the tanks are in. Will be looking into a generator though before these next two storms get here. 
 

 

 

 


 

Few FTS. Looks kind of blah until you zoom in. Can’t wait til all this stuff starts to fill in. 
 


 

 

E7FA6537-BC4A-40D8-B287-7D80A00EDA36.jpeg

271A42F7-0104-4361-96D5-7FB3A25EABBF.jpeg

AE51A71E-47FE-4770-82A8-A6949ACF1979.jpeg
 

 

Edit- forgot to tag @Cannedfish for our little photo war

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
jack1978

Everything is starting to mature.... your pics are getting better .... nice job!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Everything is starting to mature.... your pics are getting better .... nice job!

I was afraid I’d lost a bunch of corals following the great die off of the fish and the removal of all the rock that day, and I did lose some, like the alveopora and goniopora. Pissed off a lot of others, but everything is coming back nicely. I replaced a couple of montis that completely died on me, but for the most part everything else made it through. I lost all but three pieces of SPS sticks, and I haven’t bothered to replace those. Maybe eventually but too costly right now. 
 

So, happily watching the tank grow 🙂. Waiting for the day I can put fish back in.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
jack1978
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I was afraid I’d lost a bunch of corals following the great die off of the fish and the removal of all the rock that day, and I did lose some, like the alveopora and goniopora. Pissed off a lot of others, but everything is coming back nicely. I replaced a couple of montis that completely died on me, but for the most part everything else made it through. I lost all but three pieces of SPS sticks, and I haven’t bothered to replace those. Maybe eventually but too costly right now. 
 

So, happily watching the tank grow 🙂. Waiting for the day I can put fish back in.

It'll be soon enough .... and you'll have gained more knowledge. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
15 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

It'll be soon enough .... and you'll have gained more knowledge. 

See the source image

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
jack1978
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

See the source image

Richard 

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
On 8/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, jack1978 said:

I was just poking fun.

How do those tops do regarding sagging/curling? 

They do look nice.

They are polycarb and not acrylic...I have some that are a few years old and they have zero sagging. I recommended the classic one as far as durability goes.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
jack1978
13 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

They are polycarb and not acrylic...I have some that are a few years old and they have zero sagging. I recommended the classic one as far as durability goes.

 

 

Great to hear ..... I like the look of them.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
On 8/29/2020 at 9:18 AM, Tamberav said:

They are polycarb and not acrylic...I have some that are a few years old and they have zero sagging. I recommended the classic one as far as durability goes.

 

 

So I finally got my lid from Clearview.... it’s too big 😫😭😭😭😭😭
 

Hangs off the front by a good half inch and doesn’t sit down inside the tank rim like it should. They checked the records and I gave them the right measurements but someone didn’t cut the pieces short enough to sit inside- it’s like they did the opposite. Sooooooo they’re supposed to cut me new sections and send them and I can put them together myself. Such a bummer!

 

 

 

Had no time when I got home from work tonight but to dump some food in the tank on the run and hurriedly glue my gold hammer back down. The corals still look amazing, even as a blur. Maybe tomorrow I can sit down and enjoy it.

  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra

Dang tell them to fix it themselves............... there #### up should be on there dime.....................thats bullshit...................sucks to hear.............

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
48 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

So I finally got my lid from Clearview.... it’s too big 😫😭😭😭😭😭
 

Hangs off the front by a good half inch and doesn’t sit down inside the tank rim like it should. They checked the records and I gave them the right measurements but someone didn’t cut the pieces short enough to sit inside- it’s like they did the opposite. Sooooooo they’re supposed to cut me new sections and send them and I can put them together myself. Such a bummer!

 

 

 

Had no time when I got home from work tonight but to dump some food in the tank on the run and hurriedly glue my gold hammer back down. The corals still look amazing, even as a blur. Maybe tomorrow I can sit down and enjoy it.

Surprised you can't return it and have them put it together for you unless you don't mind doing it.

 

Mine was slightly off around the overflow and probably my fault...but they sent me a return shipping label and had me send the whole thing back. I didn't put mine together or anything.

 

I don't recommend the puzzle ones actually although I have one cuz I ordered it by mistake. Salt creep builds around where they snap together. The classic has no such issues. It should work though...just need to wipe it off periodically.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
8 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Surprised you can't return it and have them put it together for you unless you don't mind doing it.

 

Mine was slightly off around the overflow and probably my fault...but they sent me a return shipping label and had me send the whole thing back. I didn't put mine together or anything.

 

I don't recommend the puzzle ones actually although I have one cuz I ordered it by mistake. Salt creep builds around where they snap together. The classic has no such issues. It should work though...just need to wipe it off periodically.

 

If I remember right, I had to buy the tsunami version because it was a custom build. They don’t have my tank in their list of normal build options. And they admitted it was their mistake, and my husband said the same thing- why should we pay for their mistake? I don’t know why, but they’ve always been incredibly nice to me over other screens I’ve had built so I didn’t want to rock the boat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

I battled- literally a struggle- to not participate in my LFS’s Labor Day sale. But my husband got fed up with my moping and told me to just go already. Got three things: purple branching hammer, hot little rainbow acan, and a new alveopora or goniopora (couldn’t tell exactly which and it’s not completely open yet). But it’s a nice purple/green color. 
 

C7CF74B6-5721-4428-9E73-1D8EB0718198.thumb.jpeg.1a4a2e5b6a0673167aeff3cddbbbad9e.jpeg

 

BBE737CD-9FC7-4DDB-96FE-B0732B31E2E4.thumb.jpeg.be3e6de2fc81f6b6ca378f77909ca8e5.jpeg

 

A4C8D543-76BB-4915-892C-C82788CE89C0.thumb.jpeg.9eb6841b241c85851c830657554e5a46.jpeg

 

For some reason my utter chaos zoa barfed up its guts and seems to be dying. Complete bummer- I was very excited and hung up on the idea of that spreading across the front of the rocks. But the JF 001 favia is starting to grow (!) and the golden hammer is coming back from its insult when all the fish died. It’s not showing it’s dark gold color at the moment but I’m glad it’s coming back. 
 

5AAAFE1E-41AE-4292-A2BA-CB661E773AD0.thumb.jpeg.e7be2233dcf0dbfabef7635f7d933027.jpeg
 

DD75C94B-21C7-4004-94B1-98AE4AB61C4C.thumb.jpeg.79da0691a9633b8895fba24128a39d18.jpeg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

The big tank is still plugging along. Having some issues with the big elegance being retracted during the day suddenly- can’t see anything that might bother it but some little fan worms. I didn’t figure those usually bother a coral that big. Hopefully it will get happy again. 
 

otherwise it’s doing okay. The tube nem had a baby! 
 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

E6D6EEBB-6169-4938-8A5A-9B7B3EB4262A.jpeg.ac9bc480f24ee50405da67cd593c13b4.jpeg

 

 

Orange montipora digitata, green/purple frogspawn, purple rim undated, sunset monti, vivids lava blast chalice, vivids orange crush echinata, gold hammer, rasta zoas

 

 

Megatron monti, acan (can't for the life of me remember which), bubblegum digitata, pink goniopora, green/purple hammer, Duncan, green tipped torch, green hammer, vivids blue flame favia, red montipora

 

purple hammer, pink bubble, rainbow monti, tropic thunder monti, JF solar flare zoas, orange oxide zoas, galaxea, Indo rainbow trachyphillia

 


Scrambled eggs zoas, JF sector 001 favia, pastel rainbow zoa, rainbow acan, tinker bell zoa, green frogspawn, tinker bells again, blue eyed blonde zoas, Jedi mind trick monti

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

One last set of pictures for the day- got some top down views, especially of some stuff that lives just out of my line of sight since I’m a midget. 
 

I think my rainbow acan is going to be absolutely beautiful when it grows up 😍😍😍. Got some gorgeous stuff in there right now. And if my elegance dies again- I’m going to quit messing with them. Maybe get a second rainbow trachy or welso or red cynarina. Something bright that’s not as obnoxious and needy. 
 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav

That acan is amazing!! Elegances are weird....when I upgraded mine was receding in the 80 so I stuck it back in the 25 which is a QT tank so it doesn't get regular water changes or dosing or testing and it gets treated with prazipro sometimes but the damn thing loves it in there.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
27 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

That acan is amazing!! Elegances are weird....when I upgraded mine was receding in the 80 so I stuck it back in the 25 which is a QT tank so it doesn't get regular water changes or dosing or testing and it gets treated with prazipro sometimes but the damn thing loves it in there.

Thanks I can’t wait for it to grow out. I placed it on the end of the tank where there’s very little of anything so it’ll be an eye catcher in the future. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

And as I figured, the elegance is severely retracted yet bloated. So tomorrow I will place it in a higher flow area but I have very little hope for it- every time they’ve done this to me they’ve died. 
 

So also tomorrow I have something extra special coming to brighten the tank. I’m super pleased that stuff is growing- the rainbow monti is starting to really extend and encrust. Almost all of the zoas have babies. The 5 types of stick SPS I have left have amazing PE. 
 

My media these days consists of a cup of carbon and maybe 1/8th cup of phosguard, with signs showing me I don’t even need that much, or any. The sea lettuce macro and red ogo are growing steadily though not super fast, and yes there’s GHA in the sump. But I hope when the cooler temps hit to be able to get my Phyto growing operation back up to par and dose the tank so that GHA dies down. 
 

Honestly the tank is doing so well it’s a relief. If the crabs and snails would leave stuff alone and not knock it down I wouldn’t even have to put my hands in there at all, but I find myself weekly having to glue something back. Super glue never cooperates like I want it to. 
 

So here’s to my super pretty coming tomorrow 

 

image.gif.dc7100acc8afd31f65366382b02c3dfe.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Feed me Seymore.... 

 

 

D4C6A21C-7CCE-4973-9B1A-F8A0D6020F77.jpeg

B07D1F95-508E-42FC-8B4D-7189AC9FFAAE.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
57 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Feed me Seymore.... 

 

 

D4C6A21C-7CCE-4973-9B1A-F8A0D6020F77.jpeg

B07D1F95-508E-42FC-8B4D-7189AC9FFAAE.jpeg

I was just listening to Suddenly Seymour! 😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
34 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I was just listening to Suddenly Seymour! 😄

I haven’t seen that show since I was little but I remember so much of it 😂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
8 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I haven’t seen that show since I was little but I remember so much of it 😂 

I love it. I was listening to the newer Jonathan Groff version. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...