Coral Vue Hydros

120g La Ville des Poissons 🐚 Well that didn’t last long 😢

ECLS Reefer

Someone somewhere asked me about how I like this tank. I cannot for the life of me remember where that was asked, but I’ll say I love this tank and the sump. The cabinet is easily cleaned and has self closing hinges so the doors don’t slam. There’s plenty of room inside for extra equipment, dosing containers and whatnot. I haven’t owned just a ton of different tanks, but I definitely like this one and haven’t had any issues with it so far. 

Got a pair of jawfish today from LA. The long fin clown arrived dead so will have to wait for a replacement. At that point I will be done with my planned stocking. I actually can’t think of anything else I’d want- I’ve never succeeded with flasher wrasses so I’m not keen on adding one, and I refuse to go down the tang route this time. I think I have a good team in there now. They’re all fun to watch and should have plenty of room to grow. 

The wellso eats more by itself than anything else in the tank 😳

• Like 4

So, spent quite a bit of the afternoon yesterday being tutored by @Cannedfish on photography skills. Guess y’all can be the judge if he succeeded in teaching his padiwan learner anything. 

First attempt at manual aperture mode and playing with new editing apps.

Further practice today.

Have attempted to work with manual shutter mode as well for capturing the fish. Still having to hone that skill- haven’t figured out how to get enough light in the pictures when the shutter isn’t open long. 
These were taken both in manual shutter mode and auto sports mode. 

• Like 6

A humble submission of photos, following a couple of days of  being chained to the wall and beaten with bamboo rods  tutored by @Cannedfish on coral photography. Seriously he’s a bad influence. Not only does he have me taking like 400 pictures in a sitting to hone my manual mode skills, he’s got me buying fish from DD 😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
13 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

A humble submission of photos, following a couple of days of  being chained to the wall and beaten with bamboo rods  tutored by @Cannedfish on coral photography. Seriously he’s a bad influence. Not only does he have me taking like 400 pictures in a sitting to hone my manual mode skills, he’s got me buying fish from DD 😈

It def paid off. Your best batch of photos yet!!! Wow. 🤩

Maybe I should listen when @Cannedfishgives me tips, but when the first advice was to buy more stuff, I had to shut that down.  Not that I don’t agree with his advice, just that Reefing is a weird gateway drug into photography hobby (another $$$ hobby). 🤪

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

It def paid off. Your best batch of photos yet!!! Wow. 🤩

Maybe I should listen when @Cannedfishgives me tips, but when the first advice was to buy more stuff, I had to shut that down.  Not that I don’t agree with his advice, just that Reefing is a weird gateway drug into photography hobby (another $$$ hobby). 🤪

Hes a pretty bad influence for real 😂😂 My husband is like who the heck are you talking to these days because all he tells you to do is buy MOAR. He talked me into an extra fish on DD and he started my sick need for a wasp fish. I blame everything on @Cannedfish

I think his reply to my saying how bad an influence he is was “I regret nothing” or some other poor reflection on mentors. 

At any rate, have (hopefully- the track record so far is bad) the last clown coming tomorrow, the extra wrasse he talked me into and a replacement jawfish. The suicidal one that kept sump diving didn’t make it, or is the best hide and seek champion ever. Pretty sure dead though. 

Im excited about this clown even though I know it’s probably going to be the most assertive one. 

74BC4E8F-043C-4559-B3D9-6419F0153773.thumb.png.5e6d49b3a35546e21b03a0edf1b7b2c4.png

Went out on a limb and got this jawfish. I love these fish as a whole with their antics and personality, so I hope this guy fits right in. 
0C68BE98-D865-4071-9BD7-0D9A8982A3FC.thumb.png.1b47050a47f44eaab978a57843a5b2a8.png

The bad influence choice thanks to Canned

E058AFB4-0A4E-46A6-882D-F999282C1712.thumb.png.d643512d4d6d661c31e02696557f2ce7.png

• Like 3
  • Wow 3

Introducing my clown harem 🤡

Small oscellaris- Jack

Snowstorm- Frost

Gladiator- Maximus

Blood orange (maroon/oscellaris hybrid)- Boudicca the warrior queen. 

Frost had to spend the night in the penalty box because he wasn’t so sure about Boudicca yesterday and kept harassing her. Today they all made gestures at getting along (mostly), though the three normal oscellaris clowns seem to still be figuring Boudicca out. 

All four of them are in a “let’s host anything that looks like a coral!” phase. They’ve been hosting and loving on the zoas, the wellso, the trachy and every single euphyllia I have in there. I just wish the alveopora and gonioporas would hurry up and grow- don’t want them to harass the euphyllia to death.

Lots of movement and color in the tank. I’ll introduce the others once a day, because I take so many pictures it would be too many.  

• Like 3

Introducing.....

the Jawfish!!!!

I had two pearly jawfish but one was determined to pursue life ending risky stunts and succeeded, so now I have one pearly and one blue spot! They’re both denning near each other on a perfect side of the tank to sit and watch them. I love their antics!!

• Like 3

Introducing the wrasse pack!!

Blue star leopard - Kinvara

Leopard- Bastet

Yellow coris- Rey

Tanaka possum - Eddie

Mystery - Houdini

Also, the jawfish got names (yes we name everything- kids 🤷🏻‍♀️). Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. 

• Like 3

Oh and, the BIG SURPRISE meant for the Evo, ended up in my 120g ☹️🤦🏽‍♀️

Introducing my little red rooster wasp fish, Hope van Dyne

• Like 6

Beautiful fish! Keep an eye on the mystery...they generally don't play nice with other wrasse.

I love jawfish and want to add a few at some point. Did everything come from LA?

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Beautiful fish! Keep an eye on the mystery...they generally don't play nice with other wrasse.

I love jawfish and want to add a few at some point. Did everything come from LA?

Most everything. One clown from

vivid, one surviving fish from the initial crash, one from the LFS. 

The jawfish are hilarious and constantly entertaining.

I figured that the two leopards are big enough to keep the whole pack in line. 

Loving the activity levels of my tank these days. Only thing that’s happened of note is that the mystery wrasse mysteriously disappeared. I’m hoping he just buried himself and will reappear. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Houston, I may have a problem....

1BF03461-86C2-40A2-81AE-A9E6EBC6A10B.thumb.jpeg.ca0ff298c93eca0773478fc50e3dadb8.jpeg

Someone has been getting more and more bold about staring into the tanks. Every day I find her on the subwoofer, standing with both paws against the 120g watching fish. Tonight she got caught stretched across the gap between the fish cabinet and the shelf with the FW tank, having knocked the camera to the floor. She had her nosey nose pressed against the glass watching the big FW angel 😠

Think she’s trying to give @Tamberav’s cats a run for their money. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mixed bag of pictures- couple of practice coral shots, a couple of the blue spot jawfish who can’t pick a place to live, and Eddie the possum wrasse. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Eddie's are awesome!  Once they feel comfortable,  they cruise the rockwork constantly.  

He’s gotten much more comfortable- he’s become a family favorite for when he makes his little appearances in between rocks. He’s so small- I wonder what he would do with a second? The yellow coris picks on him a bit. Maybe two of them he wouldn’t bother so much. 

• Like 2

My coris is a little snotty too.... she used to bully my earmuff wrasse and others....but since earmuffs get to 9 inches in the wild... she started out smaller but outgrew the coris and thats been helpful to keep the peace. I really want to add a possum and pink streak but haven't seen them local since covid and been to cheap to buy them on LA. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

My coris is a little snotty too.... she used to bully my earmuff wrasse and others....but since earmuffs get to 9 inches in the wild... she started out smaller but outgrew the coris and thats been helpful to keep the peace. I really want to add a possum and pink streak but haven't seen them local since covid and been to cheap to buy them on LA. 

No they’re not cheap to buy, but man I sure like my possum wrasse. He’s fun to watch. I’m thinking hard about getting a second since they’re so small. I wonder if it matters if they’re male or female, and if they can turn like leopards? 🤔 Certainly don’t want them fighting but I think it’s be fun to have Crash and Eddie. (Ice Age)

• Like 1

Few random shots- I truly struggle to get the flame angel on camera in something other than a bright orange ball of flame blur. 

• Like 4

Feelin like poo, have been putting off messing with pictures all week. But sat down and edited all these today. Now my iPad has the Rona 😷☠️

• Like 3
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to 120g gαя∂єη σƒ нєѕρєяι∂єѕ 🐚 Wrasse heavy happiness

Today I finally got to order my new camera and a couple of lenses!! Sooooooooooo excited to get them on Tuesday. 

511083C2-70A1-4F5D-BBA0-B04DF3707E2F.thumb.jpeg.94448c22fa769cb6e33031fcca0503b7.jpeg

0BFA31A8-68C0-4DA8-90CE-1D83F6203DF3.thumb.jpeg.d7bba68e7b9eb619b706051244a4be71.jpeg

ABB5D600-1B13-4638-9A0C-6F607016D63F.thumb.jpeg.7da3ff2351d74fa0b658e2c25f3815f8.jpeg

Went with two lenses in the more wide angle to  macro category, while trying to get lenses that would do a good job on video capabilities. This new camera is video capable and I’m excited to play with that feature. Have a more versatile telephoto lens I will want in the future as well but unfortunately it’s not on the shelf yet. 

Also upgraded to a new iPad for editing purposes. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I’m so jazzed about my new toys 💃🏻🕺🏼😱

• Like 2
  • Wow 3

The new camera arrived today!!!!! Didn’t have all day to play with it since the battery didn’t come charged at all and I had to wait ☹️. But I got a few shots and played around with the new lenses, the adapter for my F mount lenses, and my original macro lens. I am super excited about the potential- it really seems to work the macro lens better than the old camera did, by a far cry. 

It also takes video and using the macro lens it was pretty crisp. Using the 50mm prime lens it’s very blue because I realized it needs a different size of 85b filter. Had to order that. Can’t wait to work with it when the filter arrives! 

• Like 4
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to 120g La Ville des Poissons 🐚 Well that didn’t last long 😢