SaltCritters.com

What are these??

QuintonT10

QuintonT10

These popped up all over my tank overnight. It’s a freshwater tank with neon tetras, a white spotted catfish, and 1 Cory dory. I know this is a saltwater website, but I really need help!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, QuintonT10 said:

These popped up all over my tank overnight. It’s a freshwater tank with neon tetras, a white spotted catfish, and 1 Cory dory. I know this is a saltwater website, but I really need help!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Could it be rotted fish pellets?

• Like 1

Mold growing on rotting food. 

What size is your tank? Corydoras are schoolers and should really be kept in groups. And your white-spotted catfish may threaten your neon tetras eventually. 

• Like 1
Fryguy0201

I would agree that it is definitely what the other two said already you can see the center is dark like pellet food. Either feed less or a different food if the fish just aren't eating it.  Goodluck!

QuintonT10

Thank you all for the help. I removed all of it. It’s about a 10 gallon tank and the white spotted catfish hasn’t shown any aggression yet but I have a bigger tank I can put him in if he does

The problem isn't aggression, the problem is that he might eat them. Raphael catfish aren't the most predatory, but there's still a chance you'll wake up to no neon tetras and one very fat catfish, once he gets big. 

And I would still very much suggest that you get more corydoras. They really need to be kept in groups.