SaltCritters.com

Cool Down The Temperature

Arun

I do have 29 gallon tank, with Two Clown fish and a watchman goby. My current temperature raises to 83, how do i need bring it down? or is that fine

Is there a lid on the tank?

What's the heater set at? Any controller on the heater?

What's the ambient room temp? 

Easiest way to cool it down if its caused by ambient room temp, lights, etc is running a fan or air conditioner 

Sometimes it's the heater itself, some aren't great.

• Like 1

Yes i do have lid on my tank. i have heater set it at 75 degree, will turn on only temperature goes below 75.  Room temperature is around 85.

Having lid will increase temperature?  does increase in temperature will affect fish/ corals?

5 minutes ago, Arun said:

Yes i do have lid on my tank. i have heater set it at 75 degree, will turn on only temperature goes below 75.  Room temperature is around 85.

Having lid will increase temperature?  does increase in temperature will affect fish/ corals?

If it's a solid lid not a mesh lid, then yes it will effect temp. 

Less evaporation means less cooling.

• Like 1
House Reef

Maximum temperature isn’t the enemy, it’s the swings that are the problem.

Does it cool down much of a night? Or how much does it swing over a 24hr period?

On 5/31/2020 at 6:11 PM, Arun said:

It’s around 83 during day and night it’s around 82. I don’t think that’s too much swing in temperature. 

I wouldn't worry too much unless it was 5-10ºF hotter.

If it was cooling off too much at night, I might even suggest running the heaters closer to 80-83ºF.

• Like 3

Sometimes heaters don't run at the temperature you set them to.  You might try turning the temperature down to 71 and see if that affects anything.