Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Type of clowns ?

GlasgowReefer

GlasgowReefer

Hey guys,

looking to id these 2 ?

Tank in the shop had Punk Skunk Clowns - but I think it would have been pink skunk?  - after looking on google totally different fish.

they looked different than the standard tank bred clowns they had

so anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance 

57BE41E2-0743-4DD2-A0FC-57AE7C129BD3.jpeg

28E6D213-EB60-461D-9C3D-F70DA6224079.jpeg

GlasgowReefer

Also, pictures aren't the best quality but they are so vibrant in person, they look like they are glowing lol.

hoping I haven't paid the extra for just tank bred common clowns or il be SAD

Hi there!  These guys are definitely not Pink Skunk clowns— they appear to be Snowflake or maybe Black Ice clowns!  Much more beautiful and bold than the Pink Skunk imo.😍

• Like 1
GlasgowReefer

Thank you all 🙂 they are 100% 2 stunners , they caught our eye as soon as we walked past the display tanks in LFS

• Like 1

Very pretty ocellaris clownfish. The names you've been told are different variants of ocellaris clowns, bred to look like that. Ocellaris are only semi-aggressive, which is pretty good as clowns go, and easy enough to keep.

Pink skunk clowns are an entirely different species of clownfish, and as you've seen, look very different. I wonder how this mixup happened? Were they in a tank that formerly held pink skunks? Was their shipping bag mislabeled? It's a little like mixing up a kole tang and a hippo tang- silly thing to do.

• 2 months later...