Cultivated Reef

Corals that grows in orbit Marine LED

Arun

I do have 29 gallon tank, 20 inch deep. I do have orbit marine LED lighting. Since this is my first saltwater tank, I bought this. I read that I could have only soft corals and Some LPS corals.

below is the forum which I found on the same topic.  But am new to this hobby, can you please suggest the list of Soft and other corals which I can go for it. TIA

https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/356640-current-orbit-marine-what-can-i-grow/

IHaveADegreeInMarineBioBut

This is my 10 gallon with a regular marine orbit. From left to right: octospawn, zoas, xenia, gsp, toadstool, mushroom. I have also recently added a birdnest frag to see how it does. But other than that, I plan on adding a hammer and more zoas, with possibilities being acan, kenya tree/grogorian. 

I would say for a 29 gallon, you go do the same, but move all my corals up ~3 inches. 

image.png.db16b648d5665e08e899fc79ca6a303f.png

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Arun said:

Thanks this really helps and give me confidence.

And I've had some (slow-ish) growth! Unfortunately, a 29 gallon is deeper, but I think you can still have softies and LPS up higher. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Arun said:

What is the settings that you run on your lights? Schedule?

uhhhh I think... 100% blues and 45% white (I think). <10% for reds and greens, but don't know exacts.

and it's programmed from ~9:30 am to ~5:30 pm. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IHaveADegreeInMarineBioBut said:

This is my 10 gallon with a regular marine orbit. From left to right: octospawn, zoas, xenia, gsp, toadstool, mushroom. I have also recently added a birdnest frag to see how it does. But other than that, I plan on adding a hammer and more zoas, with possibilities being acan, kenya tree/grogorian. 

I would say for a 29 gallon, you go do the same, but move all my corals up ~3 inches. 

image.png.db16b648d5665e08e899fc79ca6a303f.png

how long have those corals been in there?

Just now, xthunt said:

how long have those corals been in there?

I got the mushroom over a year ago. Xenia in December 2019. Toadstool January 2020. Zoas/GSP February 2020. Octospawn April 2020.

• Like 1