Cultivated Reef

Clown in a 60 litre tank?

Sexy Shrimpy

Sexy Shrimpy

Hi, have just got back into the hobby having kept a fish only marine tank many years ago. Bought a Fluval spec 60 litre (16 US gallon) tank and looking to build a small reef aquarium for the first time. Just adding CUC and now thinking of fish. Conscious I’ll be very limited but thinking of one clown and a goby (maybe neon or yellow clown). Do you think that will be ok or too much for the size tank? I’m guessing this isn’t the first time this sort of question has been asked but would be grateful for any advice. Many thanks 

4250912B-3831-49D1-BCA1-641C02DE1ECC.jpeg

78C9EC85-A1CE-4768-99A0-ED63D898EB8E.jpeg

• Like 3
Charith1986

Nice tank setup. I would an ocelaris clown, yellow tailed damsel and one watchman goby would also be fine.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Sexy Shrimpy

Thanks Ratvan and Charith - was thinking of a phantom which I believe is an ocellaris. I’m probably being dim but aren’t virtually all clownfish Amphiprion? Was there one in particular you mean? Thanks again

• Thanks 1
Chriss Fishes
2 hours ago, Sexy Shrimpy said:

Thanks Ratvan and Charith - was thinking of a phantom which I believe is an ocellaris. I’m probably being dim but aren’t virtually all clownfish Amphiprion? Was there one in particular you mean? Thanks again

Yes, all but one or two species of clowns are Amphiprion. I think that @Ratvan means to stay away from all larger, more aggressive species - which means to stick to either Ocellaris or Percula, and their variations. Maroons, Skunks, Tomatoes, Fires, Clarkii, and every other species of clown I can think of would do best in nothing less than a 29, just due to their aggression.

• Thanks 1
Sexy Shrimpy
4 hours ago, HarrisonAquatics said:

Yes, all but one or two species of clowns are Amphiprion. I think that @Ratvan means to stay away from all larger, more aggressive species - which means to stick to either Ocellaris or Percula, and their variations. Maroons, Skunks, Tomatoes, Fires, Clarkii, and every other species of clown I can think of would do best in nothing less than a 29, just due to their aggression.

Many thanks Harrison, that’s very helpful 

• Like 2