Cencalfishguy56
2 hours ago, Edwardfish said:

Lucky me a red acan frag just got taken in to My lfs now I have to go back lol

My red acan... you should go ASAP lol

68B425D2-854D-470F-AD9B-611865CBA937.jpeg

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56
2 hours ago, Edwardfish said:

I think a might try a Digi soon idk how much light and flow they need compared to a Stylo or birds nest tho. I am successfully growing the green birds nest and recovering a purple Stylo I almost killed with a month of not enough light:/

wow those look really good any tips?

I’d say digi is a pretty easy sps to keep, right now I keep it relatively close to my rainbow stylo, moderate-high flow and it actually sits towards the outer edges of spread and is growing so I’d say moderate-high lighting, keep my AI prime around 80% for 4 hours and just feed the tank 

3 hours ago, Cencalfishguy56 said:

I’d say digi is a pretty easy sps to keep, right now I keep it relatively close to my rainbow stylo, moderate-high flow and it actually sits towards the outer edges of spread and is growing so I’d say moderate-high lighting, keep my AI prime around 80% for 4 hours and just feed the tank 

Then I have a perfect spot for that later on in between my toad stool and Stylo just need another pop or color in a lower light spot, here is the place attached you think rfa or a acan would fit in here nicely? That birds nest will soon shade that spot fairly well.

image.jpg

Baby sitting another frog spawn another 4 headed piece from the same colony of the one my cousins clown fish was killing. Hoping it opens soon. Also I would like to add I’ve never acclimated a coral for more than 5 mins other than temp acclimating and this coral were my first 2 zoas. I read a article that said it can add even more stress and what’s the point to do it if we are just going to dip the life out of it anyway. Never had a coral die and only one snail die cause before I flipped it over a hermit stole its snail. Made me wonder how do y’all acclimate corals and inverts. Also like to note that no SG from the corals I have gotten was not in the range of anything but 1.026-1.024 and I keep my tank at 1.025.

Anyone know a peaceful nano fish that can be added after I add a pink streaked wrasse or before (hard to find) I wanted a 4th to add to the bicolor blenny, fire fish, and pink streaked. My possible thoughts but lmk what you think. 

1 purple fire fish

2 clown goby

3 clown fish (maybe too much bio load?)

4 royal gramma(also high bio load?)

5 pajama cardinal 

6 what am I thinking cramming 4 fish into a 20 gallon

7 court jester/Randall’s goby

8 orchid bass (aggression?)

9 gold/blue assessor

10 mandarin (joking)

• Like 1

Lots of updates for anyone who is following, one of the hammers from my cousins tank brought along some unwanted company but luckily at the first sight of a red bug/flat worm I used flat worm exit before they got to plague numbers and haven’t seen any a couple days and no ill effects on the live stock, hoping they are gone for good. Also found a decent deal on some cool looking rock flowers that I’ve really wanted. got a gold and a red one they look super cool under blues and will hopefully settle in well and take up some empty space. I’ll be posting a photo of the meme soon and a fts. Next purchase will be some zoas probably some utter chaos if I can find a good sized frag, might wait for the ones at the lfs to get bigger or find a mini colony somewhere. Super cool polyps to me. Also want some bubble gum digi eventually once I figure some placement out. And give back some of the hammers. A few small things I also got to do.

• Like 1

Here are the rock flowers before I bought them. Thought I needed something to contrast a lot of the green pink and brown I have going on. Maybe if I get a few more they can spawn I’m seriously thinking of getting rid of a few things to make space for more before I’ve even tried these out lol

5BE2C903-7D7C-4A3A-897E-9BECC7E65FBB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
Cencalfishguy56
On 8/4/2020 at 9:05 PM, Edwardfish said:

Anyone know a peaceful nano fish that can be added after I add a pink streaked wrasse or before (hard to find) I wanted a 4th to add to the bicolor blenny, fire fish, and pink streaked. My possible thoughts but lmk what you think. 

1 purple fire fish

2 clown goby

5 pajama cardinal 

9 gold/blue assessor

10 mandarin (joking)

Good luck on finding a pink streaked wrasse, had one at one point but it went missing and that was years ago, cool little fish. Equally as cool as a six line minus the aggression. I’d say purple fire fish or royal gramma, they usually stick to one area so you wouldn’t need much room. I’d stay away from the orchid as they tend to be pretty aggressive but an assessor would be awesome! I’ve considered a mandarin in my tank due to maturity and now you can find them that can also readily eat frozen food and pellets. Also the rock nems look super nice!!

Looking really good, beautiful flowers 🙂

I have never had a clown goby but people seem to love them, they must have interesting personalities. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Looking really good, beautiful flowers 🙂

I have never had a clown goby but people seem to love them, they must have interesting personalities. 

After looking into it I don’t want to risk having the blenny kill the clown goby in a freak accident, but speaking of fish kill others I’m going to add a damsel... eventually. One of the nicer ones like a azure or springers hopefully this won’t be a bad idea

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I have a springers...doesn't bother anything. Pretty sure it is in the bottom of any pecking order.

What fish do you keep it with I really like the colors on these too

also is it the one with black scribbles or black fins? seems like there are two fish called the springers damsel

Edited by Edwardfish
  • Like 1
TerraIncognita
On 7/28/2020 at 5:52 PM, Edwardfish said:

Anyone know some corals with a pop or red or orange I’ve been looking for something that can handle a little bit of good flow, I was thinking an a can but seeing how my candy cane doesn’t like that spot maybe something else? Maybe a rock flower anemone?

Look up anything Jack'o'lantern. I have a Jackolantern Lepto that looks really nice.

Otherwise Plating Monti's, or you can find some really nice Acans and Favites that are red. All those will do fine in flow.

• Like 1
TerraIncognita
On 8/4/2020 at 9:05 PM, Edwardfish said:

1 purple fire fish

2 clown goby

5 pajama cardinal 

9 gold/blue assessor

10 mandarin (joking)

I'd try to just chose something not going to fight with the blenny or wrasse for food and you should be okay.

A Goby or damsel would be fine I think. I wouldn't do a gramma in a small tank like that with the fire fish. Unless you get a super baby gramma. I don't think your fire fish would win those fights.

30 minutes ago, TerraIncognita said:

Look up anything Jack'o'lantern. I have a Jackolantern Lepto that looks really nice.

Otherwise Plating Monti's, or you can find some really nice Acans and Favites that are red. All those will do fine in flow.

Definitely going to look for that now thanks

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, TerraIncognita said:

I'd try to just chose something not going to fight with the blenny or wrasse for food and you should be okay.

A Goby or damsel would be fine I think. I wouldn't do a gramma in a small tank like that with the fire fish. Unless you get a super baby gramma. I don't think your fire fish would win those fights.

Funny you should say the the fire fish actually gets spooked more from the blenny eating than from my hand in the tank, I’ll cross the gramma off the list

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Edwardfish said:

What fish do you keep it with I really like the colors on these too

also is it the one with black scribbles or black fins? seems like there are two fish called the springers damsel

It is the black and blue checkered one. I keep it with clowns and mostly wrasse. They stay pretty small. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

It is the black and blue checkered one. I keep it with clowns and mostly wrasse. They stay pretty small. 

Good to know thanks!

I’ve re-evaluated my stocking now possibly going with more aggressive tank mates and a screen top lesson learned... new choices are things like orchid dotty backs, grammas, a six line?, clowns, etc what do y’all think. Sticking away from fire fish I liked the little guy a lot  but he was too timid the blenny going for food would spook him and I think that scared him 😞 he never had a problem with me though

14 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Sorry about the firs fish. I love them but they are so timid with most other fish. I like the idea of going semi aggressive. Those fish should be more active and entertaining.

Hopefully some day I can get a little school of 3 in a larger tank but that day is not soon I think they’re super cool. I do like the idea of activity tho