Pod Your Reef

Neon goby sick

nanos_only

nanos_only

Looks like my neon goby has come down with something, I'm thinking ich but he also has frayed tail fins (which I couldn't get a good shot of unfortunately)

I've had him for about a month now, no new additions or anything, housed with a rainfords goby and clownfish in a 10g who aren't showing any odd signs and definitely aren't nipping him.

The goby is still feeding and acting normally, and I plan on doing a big water change tomorrow. Best way to move forward? (/ is this ich or something else?)

IMG_8788.jpeg

IMG_8789.jpeg

White, salt-like dots on a fish are ich. Probably the others have it and just aren't showing any symptoms yet. You'll want to transfer them to a hospital tank for treatment, since AFAIK none of the ich treatments are reef-safe.

• Like 3
Humblefish
12 hours ago, Tired said:

White, salt-like dots on a fish are ich. Probably the others have it and just aren't showing any symptoms yet. You'll want to transfer them to a hospital tank for treatment, since AFAIK none of the ich treatments are reef-safe.

+1 Here is how to setup a QT: 

Copper is the most practical treatment: 

• Like 3
Cencalfishguy56
On 5/23/2020 at 7:19 PM, nanos_only said:

Looks like my neon goby has come down with something, I'm thinking ich but he also has frayed tail fins (which I couldn't get a good shot of unfortunately)

I've had him for about a month now, no new additions or anything, housed with a rainfords goby and clownfish in a 10g who aren't showing any odd signs and definitely aren't nipping him.

The goby is still feeding and acting normally, and I plan on doing a big water change tomorrow. Best way to move forward? (/ is this ich or something else?)

IMG_8788.jpeg

IMG_8789.jpeg

I’ve used chloroquine phosphate to treat ich before with 100% success, if you can get your hands on it I’d go that route. Copper will leach into the silicon of the QT tank should you decide to use it for other purposes. If not, then copper is a very popular treatment as well and I’d separate the goby ASAP.