Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mitten_reef’s WB55.2

mitten_reef

17 hours ago, joshthebox said:

Nooooo going to miss it!!! Good choice though, SSC is one of my favourites :biggrin: Do share some pics! 

Here’s the ssc that I’m hoping to drop in its spot. Waiting to see if any of the cuc will clear out the sponge that was growing inside the core of the digi colony, or if I have to scrape it myself.
749A2D93-864A-4244-9D1E-BEA18A3D8DCA.thumb.jpeg.1d2839cc44765b3b7c4d6af0e9ada330.jpeg 

• Like 2
  • Wow 3
7 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Here’s the ssc that I’m hoping to drop in its spot. Waiting to see if any of the cuc will clear out the sponge that was growing inside the core of the digi colony, or if I have to scrape it myself.
749A2D93-864A-4244-9D1E-BEA18A3D8DCA.thumb.jpeg.1d2839cc44765b3b7c4d6af0e9ada330.jpeg 

Looks killer! Is that an OP on the bottom right?? Also nice!!! Glue those babies to the scape!!! 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, joshthebox said:

Looks killer! Is that an OP on the bottom right?? Also nice!!! Glue those babies to the scape!!! 

Yup, good eyes. I added a big chunk of OP to the scape already.  This one sits one my frag rack as a growout mini colony.  But I might plant this one in a second spot on the branch, maybe. 
if you like tenuis, just wait until I can get a good picture of what my acro buddy sent me a while ago. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Yup, good eyes. I added a big chunk of OP to the scape already.  This one sits one my frag rack as a growout mini colony.  But I might plant this one in a second spot on the branch, maybe. 
if you like tenuis, just wait until I can get a good picture of what my acro buddy sent me a while ago. 

oh yeah tenuis are awesome, do share!!! When I get back into acros I definitely want to grab a RRC Angry Birds or a cherry bomb. The flame polyps are craaazy. Also can't go wrong with a Tyree superman. I could go on and on 🤣

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Phenomenal. Drooling over that one!

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, PJPS said:

Sophies choice.. I vote theyy look pretty 🔥 beside each other.  Be a real stick head and find/make space 😉 (j/k).  Gun to my head, scc makes a nice focal point.  But the yellow… grafted scc?

Bottom right?  It goes by the name RR Firecracker, google for a real treat.
This one is still kinda brown still, but the polyps and the tips are getting better colors by the day. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Bottom right?  It goes by the name RR Firecracker, google for a real treat.
This one is still kinda brown still, but the polyps and the tips are getting better colors by the day. 

I’m familiar 😊. I went UCA Cherry Blossom, similar polyps, but red and yellow.  Best as I can tell it’s based 2mm in 6 weeks.  Not terrible, not on fire… but the leather… who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was actually referring to whatever is just to the left of the shortcake.  I was thinking more of crafting those two coral together and having your own custom graft.  RR firecracker is a jaw dropper when it takes off… SO pretty 😍B8D158B6-1F24-4681-90AF-2E0BF1F34FBE.thumb.jpeg.67c318c57e8ac6ccc3915d4237dfb1ba.jpeg
UCA Cherry Blossom- see what I mean about the polyps?

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, PJPS said:

I’m familiar 😊. I went UCA Cherry Blossom, similar polyps, but red and yellow.  Best as I can tell it’s based 2mm in 6 weeks.  Not terrible, not on fire… but the leather… who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was actually referring to whatever is just to the left of the shortcake.  I was thinking more of crafting those two coral together and having your own custom graft.  RR firecracker is a jaw dropper when it takes off… SO pretty 😍B8D158B6-1F24-4681-90AF-2E0BF1F34FBE.thumb.jpeg.67c318c57e8ac6ccc3915d4237dfb1ba.jpeg
UCA Cherry Blossom- see what I mean about the polyps?

That’s a nice one. My buddy Ty has something similar. 
I don’t think you can try to graft two different acropora species.  they may tolerate being near each other for a while, but one is going to lose the chemical warfare eventually.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mitten_reef said:

That’s a nice one. My buddy Ty has something similar. 
I don’t think you can try to graft two different acropora species.  they may tolerate being near each other for a while, but one is going to lose the chemical warfare eventually.  

I was foolin’, don’t actually try to graft those.  But she’d turn heads 😂.  What I was really getting at is that you should plant those two side-by-side as they set each other off. But telling a man where to plant his sticks just feels wrong.😂🍻

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Christopher Marks

I like Vimeo as an alternative to YouTube, it should embed here nicely with just the link. 

I’m hoping to have built in video uploads available here later this year, if we can afford the service. 

• Like 6
mitten_reef
6 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

I like Vimeo as an alternative to YouTube, it should embed here nicely with just the link. 

I’m hoping to have built in video uploads available here later this year, if we can afford the service. 

That’d be awesome!  

16 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Only fans

I’ve only heard of OnlyFins. 

• Haha 2
mitten_reef

Side shot of the ssc

73092882-3593-4E4A-8BFB-A9CC053FA54E.thumb.jpeg.ded35f53d45cf8930339b4533e899609.jpeg

no name blue tenuis that got planted on the scape during the nano-reno. Love how the colors contrast with the other one. 

F78CB6C3-E11B-4B62-9204-E7E75AE28D82.thumb.jpeg.032cad2c33a5bace1ff384cbda03c4bf.jpeg

and a fts, cuz why not

23D675D6-DB15-4AC2-A900-0F011DC06642.thumb.jpeg.bf416b469e4b88a8e4d77b785457d4cc.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 6
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I’ve only heard of OnlyFins

Oh I could muck up this perfect PG-13 thread right now hahaha 🤐.. cheers buddy! Hope all is well😎🍻🤙

• Haha 3

Sixline and peppermint? Wait, wouldn't there have been dozens, if not hundreds, of systems who had those fish and still suffered from AEFW?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for dumping a bunch of springers, sixline, and peppermint shrimp into every acro system out there (some of my favorites) but I feel like they had to have already been present in at least one system that crashed from the buggers.

• Like 2
mitten_reef
8 hours ago, A.m.P said:

Sixline and peppermint? Wait, wouldn't their have been dozens, if not hundreds, of systems who had those fish and still suffered from AEFW?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for dumping a bunch of springers, sixline, and peppermint shrimp into every acro system out there (some of my favorites) but I feel like they had to have already been present in at least one system that crashed from the buggers.

I wouldn’t say that either of those are typical stocking in most cases. 6-line wrasses are notorious for being an a-hole. And most peppermint shrimp sold in the hobby may not be the Australian species.  And lastly, if ppl do have these, they may be introduced after aefw were discovered, which may have been too late.  These are all my opinions of course. 

makes me wonder if it’s worth stocking the tank with these two species, if I’m focusing on acros.  

I should be getting in more acro frags next week, can’t wait!!!

• Like 4
  • mitten_reef changed the title to Mitten_reef’s WB55.2