Top Shelf Aquatics

Mitten_reef’s WB55.2

mitten_reef

44 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

lol, Was looking at @Variant's thread, and he has almost the same acros lineup, BC aquaticman, Paletta pink tip, Tyree superman tenuis (altho mine is unknown source, but very similar to it), and SSC.  

Here's hoping mine will catch up in growth - if you're not following his build, go follow.  

We have the same good taste in coral selection! I'm quite surprised how well you're managing growth so far in such a small footprint! Definitely much harder than with a larger system.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, joshthebox said:

That digi is amazing!

Thanks!  I’m still debating whether to chop it up a bit. bits and pieces are knocked off every so often during tank maintenance, but I’m thinking of actually pruning it a bit

11 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Thanks!  I’m still debating whether to chop it up a bit. bits and pieces are knocked off every so often during tank maintenance, but I’m thinking of actually pruning it a bit

next time you knock a chunk off send one my way. 🤭

• Like 2
13 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

let it get monstrous!!! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

the monti?  I just broke a big chunk of TSA Bill Murray last night trying to move the other acro frags on to the main rock...  

if you wanna see a volleyball size digi, venture over to @pokerdobe thread.  I see how big it gets there, and I'm not sure I want it that big in my tank...

• Like 2
4 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

the monti?  I just broke a big chunk of TSA Bill Murray last night trying to move the other acro frags on to the main rock...  

if you wanna see a volleyball size digi, venture over to @pokerdobe thread.  I see how big it gets there, and I'm not sure I want it that big in my tank...

15 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Is this a named chalice or a Mitten Rainbow Chalice?

It's a rainbow chalice of an unknown origin from @pokerdobe.  The story was that the original frags was literally left on his doorstep, and he had no idea who left em - yes there were two and they looked a bit different. 

This one does look a bit like WWC Jellybean IMO.  

more of the similar ones (healthier ones) can be seen here...   on IG

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
NoOneLikesADryTang
45 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

It's a rainbow chalice of an unknown origin from @pokerdobe.  The story was that the original frags was literally left on his doorstep, and he had no idea who left em - yes there were two and they looked a bit different. 

This one does look a bit like WWC Jellybean IMO.  

more of the similar ones (healthier ones) can be seen here...   on IG

Well now I definitely want to be like @pokerdobe when I grow up! 

• Haha 1

RIP big scoly

it’s been non reactive at feeding time for months, and today it just melted away…and since it hasn’t been eating, I can’t revive it by daily feeding like I did the first go round, 😓

• Sad 5

4DBD2C61-8F3B-459E-9EE5-862A02316A22.thumb.jpeg.2c9d4914e970c3a4e72b91113cbbbef4.jpeg

So, this is likely the cause of scoly death. 

One snail “cap” and what looks like a molt from emerald crab claw, both wedged in good inside the scoly mouth trapping a bunch of sand in there in the process. When the flesh was still on, I couldn’t see these two items. When it was half melted, I could see them. And the now clear picture. 

• Sad 9
  • mitten_reef changed the title to Mitten_reef’s WB FRAG 55.2 - RIP scoly

squeaky clean!

On 1/20/2023 at 8:41 AM, mitten_reef said:

4DBD2C61-8F3B-459E-9EE5-862A02316A22.thumb.jpeg.2c9d4914e970c3a4e72b91113cbbbef4.jpeg

So, this is likely the cause of scoly death. 

One snail “cap” and what looks like a molt from emerald crab claw, both wedged in good inside the scoly mouth trapping a bunch of sand in there in the process. When the flesh was still on, I couldn’t see these two items. When it was half melted, I could see them. And the now clear picture. 

this is nuts. i've never seen anything like that o___0

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
On 1/21/2023 at 1:32 PM, A.m.P said:

Damn... That's awful.

it's ok, my dumbass blasted the tank with flow and sh!t got blown into its mouth..

2 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

squeaky clean!

this is nuts. i've never seen anything like that o___0

i've been told that these meaty ones can get indigestion, got all backed up, and died from inside out - even with food!  with stuff that they can't even digest, it was doomed.  my buddy had a mini cerith fell into a trachy - it was a goner for him too.  

so lesson learned folks, indigestion kills...your meaty LPS...

• Sad 1
  • mitten_reef changed the title to Mitten_reef’s WB55.2