Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mitten_reef’s WB55.2

mitten_reef

Not all is happy lately

the rics and clams are a bit unhappy with life. Been keeping an eye on the two clams, hoping they’re just unhappy and not sick.  as for the rics, well not really paying much attention to them 😅

933D6F3C-69B1-4AEE-9A8D-DCC49B940F3C.thumb.jpeg.9bbe83f8a420a89904a339e3583a8f35.jpeg

65184058-4830-4156-A510-75D1EF6EF1F3.thumb.jpeg.8af071ac636cf7af9d6aa0a57b3a00a0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 1
On 8/26/2022 at 5:42 AM, Reefkid88 said:

Looks crazy good man. Looks like you need some KZ Coral Snow up in there lol. 

lol, my glass is so dirty, i was reluctant to share fts.  heard good things about coral snow from an old friend @Cannedfish

Hahaha it happens. I mean shit,I hadn't cleaned my glass for a month and was brooo my water is cloud...wait nvm lol just dirty glass. 

JediMasterBen used his own mixture/version of it and WOW did it work wonders. 

• Like 2

Hey mitten_reef, looking great! Almost makes me wish I had stayed with all SPS when I see the pics of yours, but I've been wanting to try the balancing act with a mixed reef. Seems like you've got it pretty well dialed in with everything.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 10:27 AM, tmc1313 said:

Hey mitten_reef, looking great! Almost makes me wish I had stayed with all SPS when I see the pics of yours, but I've been wanting to try the balancing act with a mixed reef. Seems like you've got it pretty well dialed in with everything.

Thanks. Don’t let the pictures deceive you. This tank is a long way away from dialed in. It’s much better than it used to be last year, but I think this will be its year to start growing and improving colors.  
I do like the mixed reef direction you’re going.  There are always some part of the mixed reef that can be accented into an sps-dominant reef, so you can steer your tank back 😉

22 hours ago, truepercs said:

About time for more pictures  😀

Yeah, and glass cleaning this wknd. 

47 minutes ago, truepercs said:

Looks like you have some frags to be placed on the structure...

There are a few that are ready for placement. Ive been back and forth on cutting and removing the arm that the digi is on.  And I think I came to conclusion that the digi will at least not be on the main structure moving forward.  So I’ve been waiting on any further placements of acros. 

33 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

What is this?

hmm, just in case this is a serious question, it’s my powerhead/wave maker by aqua illumination, the ai nero5.  It looks nowhere near what marketing photo would tell you, cuz mine is so caked up with coralline and all sort of growths 😅.  I haven’t cleaned them in a looooooong time 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

look who decided to drop by....

I get notifications and see whats going on......... :wink: 

Someday maybe get a bigger tank but for now the 20 gallon WB works just fine........ well its 33 I think but same size as a 20........ 

• Like 1
On 9/12/2022 at 5:14 PM, Reefkid88 said:

When you scarpe all that coralline off,wanna send it to me ? You already got my address 😉 lol. 

The ones on the powerheads just got soaked in vinegar, sorry.  I left them out for a few days before I got to them.  My tank actually doesn't have a whole lot of coralline right now other than the two powerheads

• mitten_reef changed the title to Mitten_reef’s WB55.2