Gramophone

Gramophone's New Escapade

Gramophone
16 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Fantastic photos as always

Much obliged :smilie:

16 hours ago, SaltyGallon said:

This is a tank done really well. I'm digging the movement in the scape and the mocha storm clowns are lovely. But the whole desk looks really good - the pinned bugs and glass domes are very cool!!

I appreciate it! I never really noticed how many dead things I collect, coral included, ha.

13 hours ago, da1001 said:

Looks amazing, keep up the great job

Thanks!

13 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

The rics are beautiful, 😍

Only half as beautiful as yours, mitten :flower:

• Like 1

Gramophone

Anyone have an idea on an ID for this hitchhiker crab? Hopefully not a gorilla.

pIZFQF.jpg

Here's a video:

Gramophone

Little update. Monti caps lost a bit of color but seem happy other than that. Added a few things including a fuzzy 'shroom about as big as my face :eek:

XZf9lC.jpg

2ko9kn.jpg

KAeyxR.jpg

V7Gdwu.jpg

Can't have a tank without eagle eye zoanthids, right? :tongueout:

WTYddh.jpg

4NVJTK.jpg

lv2Rua.jpg

joTfCI.jpg

Oh, and I have to of course thank Emily at Waterbox for the hookup! You are wonderful :flower:

7eE8CY.jpg

• Like 4

Waterbox Aquariums
On 6/19/2020 at 6:29 PM, Gramophone said:

Little update. Monti caps lost a bit of color but seem happy other than that. Added a few things including a fuzzy 'shroom about as big as my face :eek:

XZf9lC.jpg

2ko9kn.jpg

KAeyxR.jpg

V7Gdwu.jpg

WTYddh.jpg

4NVJTK.jpg

lv2Rua.jpg

joTfCI.jpg

Oh, and I have to of course thank Emily at Waterbox for the hookup! You are wonderful :flower:

7eE8CY.jpg

Keep up the awesome work, friend!  ❤️

jackson_998
On 6/19/2020 at 11:29 PM, Gramophone said:

XZf9lC.jpg

2ko9kn.jpg

KAeyxR.jpg

V7Gdwu.jpg

WTYddh.jpg

4NVJTK.jpg

lv2Rua.jpg

joTfCI.jpg

7eE8CY.jpg

What setting do you run your MP10 on for this tank? I have the same tank and have just put an MP10 on mine, curious which setting works best!? Also, what lighting schedule do you run? Im running a modified AB+ for Prime HD at the moment.  

Break
On 6/8/2020 at 2:29 PM, Gramophone said:

Anyone have an idea on an ID for this hitchhiker crab? Hopefully not a gorilla.

pIZFQF.jpg

Here's a video:

Can't make out the maxillipeds, but looks like it has three walking legs? Maybe a porcelain crab or close relative? Porcelain crabs aren't true crabs (they just look similar) and are evolved from squat lobsters, so they have three walking legs rather than the usual four.

Just re-watched the video and noticed it has 4 walking legs. Some type of mithrax or maybe acro crab is the closest I could guess from the video.

Tank looks superb and your photography is solid - thanks for sharing!

Gramophone
On 6/22/2020 at 12:46 PM, Waterbox Aquariums said:

Keep up the awesome work, friend!  ❤️

I will do my best :flower:

On 6/24/2020 at 2:40 PM, jackson_998 said:

What setting do you run your MP10 on for this tank? I have the same tank and have just put an MP10 on mine, curious which setting works best!? Also, what lighting schedule do you run? Im running a modified AB+ for Prime HD at the moment.  

I run it on Reefcrest mode on like the second speed setting. My corals seem to like this setting the most (at least that's what I tell myself, ha). I'm really just using a simple light schedule with a 3 hour ramp time. I messed around with the UV, violet, royal, blues, and CW until I found the best overall "color" for the tank and left it at that. A couple of my corals were getting a little bleached so I've been turning the lights down a little bit every day.

On 6/24/2020 at 4:53 PM, Break said:

Can't make out the maxillipeds, but looks like it has three walking legs? Maybe a porcelain crab or close relative? Porcelain crabs aren't true crabs (they just look similar) and are evolved from squat lobsters, so they have three walking legs rather than the usual four.

Just re-watched the video and noticed it has 4 walking legs. Some type of mithrax or maybe acro crab is the closest I could guess from the video.

Tank looks superb and your photography is solid - thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the insight on the crab, Break! I figured it would be a disagreeable crab regardless with its black claws and all. And thanks for the kind words as well :smilie:

Anyone here into keeping bonsai?

LNNEPx.jpg

aB7gSk.jpg

PhuaLp.jpg

L8ZX5s.jpg

gEycX0.jpg

vx3G9U.jpg

A couple quick shots for related reef content :biggrin:

4pWDYn.jpg

Ou5hwI.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Ash1176

Amazing shot of the firefish!

mitten_reef

Love the bonsais!!!  Feels like not many hobby takes patience, vision, and determinations like reefing, but bonsai might just be one of those ones that might go beyond reefing. You’re always playing the loooooooong-game.
(why as much as I love them, I never started 😅 )

Break
5 hours ago, Gramophone said:

Thanks for the insight on the crab, Break! I figured it would be a disagreeable crab regardless with its black claws and all. And thanks for the kind words as well :smilie:

There are lighter gorilla crabs variants with the usual black claws (second photo down), so keep on eye on it - let me know if you get any other clear shots of it.

If it has hairy legs and black claws, chances are it's a gorilla crab. If it looks like those below then you'll want to remove it. It's very easy to mistake them for other crabs when they are small - I have seen them shipped in among porcelain/mithrax crabs 😨

Love the bonsai! Have one out on the balcony that I don't water nearly enough.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Can see the hairy legs better on this one:

spacer.png

Gramophone
19 hours ago, Ash1176 said:

Amazing shot of the firefish!

Thanks!

19 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Love the bonsais!!!  Feels like not many hobby takes patience, vision, and determinations like reefing, but bonsai might just be one of those ones that might go beyond reefing. You’re always playing the loooooooong-game.
(why as much as I love them, I never started 😅 )

Thanks, mitten! That is very much true. The trick is to purchase them while they're already mature :happy: 

17 hours ago, Break said:

There are lighter gorilla crabs variants with the usual black claws (second photo down), so keep on eye on it - let me know if you get any other clear shots of it.

If it has hairy legs and black claws, chances are it's a gorilla crab. If it looks like those below then you'll want to remove it. It's very easy to mistake them for other crabs when they are small - I have seen them shipped in among porcelain/mithrax crabs 😨

Love the bonsai! Have one out on the balcony that I don't water nearly enough.

I'll continue to keep a sharp eye on it.

You should water your bonsai! I'm sure it will thank you for it :biggrin:

• Like 2