inTank Media Baskets

Tap->RODI Water

Colej20

I’ve started 15 gallon reef tank about 3 weeks now and i started with tap water just using water conditioner, Havent had any problems other then algae and I am aware I should be using RODI water. If I start doing my water changes with RODI water from now on, will it filter out the tap water i used?

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Colej20 said:

I’ve started 15 gallon reef tank about 3 weeks now and i started with tap water just using water conditioner, Havent had any problems other then algae and I am aware I should be using RODI water. If I start doing my water changes with RODI water from now on, will it filter out the tap water i used?

:welcome:

yes, you will be fine. 

• 4 weeks later...

Technically the tap water stopped being tap water when you added salt mix....so no, that tap water is never coming out because it's not in there anymore.

What switching will do is change the composition of the water you're adding NOW so that it's ONLY made from what's in the bucket of salt mix...and that's the whole idea of RODI.

Where are you, BTW?   Some tap water is actually fine to sub for RODI whereas some other tap water is horrendous.  Totally a YMMV thing.

• Like 2
On 6/11/2020 at 3:18 AM, mcarroll said:

Technically the tap water stopped being tap water when you added salt mix....so no, that tap water is never coming out because it's not in there anymore.

What if I add a valve/tap to a bucket full of salt water and run my salt water through the attached faucet? Will it then become tap water again?

🤔

• Haha 3

Then the question is at what point does it cease to be tank water and begin being tap?  Post-tap?  Post-tank?  Somewhere inside the tap?

Deep.

(that was punavoidable)

• Like 2