teamschreiba

Schreiba's ADA 60P

East1
On 6/30/2020 at 12:33 AM, teamschreiba said:

Thanks it’s good to be back! I’m still trying to decide what corals to go with and it’s been killing me. I was thinking some favia but I worry the sweepers will reach too much of the tank. Just zoas for now...

And yeah I’ll be watching yours closely too! I’d like to be able to do some SPS in mine but I’ve found very few examples of sumpless and skimerless tanks with anything more than birdsnest/pocillipora.  

I had a similar thought process in mine, had to skip out on a lot of cool LPS to make it work in this tiny volume sadly. 

I've found pocillopora quite hard to grow in a small tank, even compared to some acropora, I've had issues even with my tiny high-tech system previously, so I'm definitely eager to try this method out with one! 

I was tempted to DIY a tiny skimmer for this tank though, just for the oxygen benefits, I think the pH would definitely benefit beacause of the sheer coral mass, I'm still debating it honestly. 

teamschreiba

I know it's basically a box of rocks but wanted to try and show the overall equipment theme I'm going with.  Since I'm sumpless and can't hide the wires, I went for more of an industrial look to make it look like the wires were intended to be in that location.  The iron pipes have a coat of polyurethane so I'm hoping that prevents any corrosion.  I ran as many of the lines through the actual pipes as I could and the rest are zip tied to back of the pipe.  Please excuse the terrible frag rack, I have an @Oceanbox Designs locking frag rack coming since my dottyback has already knocked one out.  I also need to improve on my LED lighting photography...

I'm going to picking up some more corals tomorrow so it'll start looking a bit more filled up! 😄

50066866287_0e76bf2951_o.jpg

50066606756_88869aab6a_o.jpg

50066049858_88087e98f6_o.jpg

Let me know what you think!

• Like 2

East1

I just replied as you posted it, but this light bracket looks awesome! 

I also love the balance and movement potential of the scape, it reminds me of a more open scaled version of one of my favourite TOTM aquacapes - dapellegrini's

teamschreiba
2 hours ago, East1 said:

I just replied as you posted it, but this light bracket looks awesome! 

I also love the balance and movement potential of the scape, it reminds me of a more open scaled version of one of my favourite TOTM aquacapes - dapellegrini's

That’s weird about the pocillopora! I’ll have to see how some SPS take to this tank. I feel the same way about the skimmer. I guess we can both see how it goes. I’ve seen successful AIOs that grow SPS and don’t have a skimmer. 

And I appreciate that! I tried to keep it more

open although once I start adding and growing coral I’m sure it’ll fill out. 

mitten_reef
3 hours ago, teamschreiba said:

I know it's basically a box of rocks but wanted to try and show the overall equipment theme I'm going with.  Since I'm sumpless and can't hide the wires, I went for more of an industrial look to make it look like the wires were intended to be in that location.  The iron pipes have a coat of polyurethane so I'm hoping that prevents any corrosion.  I ran as many of the lines through the actual pipes as I could and the rest are zip tied to back of the pipe.  Please excuse the terrible frag rack, I have an @Oceanbox Designs locking frag rack coming since my dottyback has already knocked one out.  I also need to improve on my LED lighting photography...

I'm going to picking up some more corals tomorrow so it'll start looking a bit more filled up! 😄

Not sure how I feel about the flange (where cords come out) facing the tank. But l really love the overall look and also the tank scape. 

Oceanbox Designs
8 hours ago, teamschreiba said:

Have to say the scape looks beautiful!

• Like 1

teamschreiba
On 7/2/2020 at 2:25 AM, Oceanbox Designs said:

Have to say the scape looks beautiful!

Thanks!  The new frag rack showed up just in time too when I had brought home some new corals.

On 7/1/2020 at 9:34 PM, mitten_reef said:

Not sure how I feel about the flange (where cords come out) facing the tank. But l really love the overall look and also the tank scape. 

Understand it isn't for everyone!  It fits the look of our house though and I think makes the wires look a bit more purposeful.

Some new pictures!  Had to dust off the macro lens, it's been awhile...  I love these blue rhinos, they even have a pink skirt which is hard to capture in pictures.  You can really see how the coralline is taking off too.  Getting some green coralline as well.

50098647532_37fdf35787_o.jpg

50098420196_f58925e995_o.jpg

• Like 2