Coral Vue Hydros

Clown swimming against power head at the top

Arun

I have two clowns. Male started swimming near by power head, once the moon light turned on. By that time female stick around it’s territory. After light completely turns off, female goes to top of the tank, for some time and swim against power head. Male returns to the territory.

during day time, both looks normal and stick around it’s territory. Is it normal? They are added to the tank four days back.

two days back when I tester my parameters ammonia &nitrite - 0 , Nitrate - 10 ppm. Salinity- 1.025. Temp-74 F

banasophia

Mine do that all the time... they look for a spot where they like the flow and hang out there, one hangs out in the cave at night and one in its corner or by the powerhead. If you’re worried you can shoot a video, upload to YouTube, then paste in here for us to check out. 

• Like 3
banasophia

Yeah... looks normal to me... my clowns in one tank do that. The pair in my other tank sleep together laying on the sand. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, banasophia said:

Yeah... looks normal to me... my clowns in one tank do that. The pair in my other tank sleep together laying on the sand. 

I agree, looks totally normal. Pretty much 9 out of 10 clown "problems" on here can be chalked up to just clowns being clowns and doing really weird things. They've got to be the strangest fish we keep.

• Like 3

My first pair of clowns hosted a powerhead.

My 1 clown now during the day hosts anemone but at night hosts the return nozzle

• Like 2