Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Opera's IM 25 Lagoon - new corals in the tank!

Operaman

2 hours ago, House Reef said:

That’s a fancy ATO tank 😎

Exciting for the corals tomorrow! 

Haha yes it was a bit of a splurge, but it fits so well and it means less ato refills. 

Fingers crossed everything survives the trip!!

Some frustration this morning - UPS promised a 10:30am delivery, and the UPS truck DROVE PAST MY HOUSE at 10:30 and missed the dropoff. Now the tracking website is saying 9pm 😠. I've already called; we'll see what happens.

UPDATE: driver was contacted by UPS, delivered package, but didn't bother ringing the doorbell. Good thing I had the tracking site up. Excellent service, 5 stars. 

InkedIMG_5439_LI.thumb.jpg.1a5fbca99d4074443415c375192a6204.jpg

47 minutes ago, Operaman said:

Some frustration this morning - UPS promised a 10:30am delivery, and the UPS truck DROVE PAST MY HOUSE at 10:30 and missed the dropoff. Now the tracking website is saying 9pm 😠. I've already called; we'll see what happens.

UPDATE: driver was contacted by UPS, delivered package, but didn't bother ringing the doorbell. Good thing I had the tracking site up. Excellent service, 5 stars. 

InkedIMG_5439_LI.thumb.jpg.1a5fbca99d4074443415c375192a6204.jpg

Yeah...not good.  Glad it got taken care of.  In my area Fed Ex just seems more reliable/gets me packages way earlier in the day.

• Like 1

Corals are in the tank! Acclimation went smoothly and everything looks incredible. As always, @AquaSD nailed the shipping and sent some beautiful frags (and a really cool freebie 😁). I'll bust out the DSLR once some of these open up a bit more, but here are some cell phone pics in the meantime! Also, if anyone has an ID on the freebie, let me know!

IMG_5440.thumb.jpg.89cb585a194bcd0bf9cfc36806ed3d2b.jpg

Temp acclimating

IMG_5447.thumb.jpg.0c8ee851ef432ea3f5899046ff9b472b.jpgIMG_5446.thumb.jpg.97b1ab3af703aaadc7248eddbd6044d7.jpg

Absolutely INCREDIBLE Indonesian Lobo

IMG_5444.thumb.jpg.2cdb03d5b67b30ab7c6f4c50520cf8cc.jpg

RFA getting settled in

IMG_5443.thumb.jpg.8d14aeb2d08958102f366109c46ba030.jpgIMG_5449.thumb.jpg.5e8e4361f249864bd244ab634f1ea94e.jpg

The rest of the frags! Toxic Flame Psammy, Sunrise Digi, Blasto, Nuclear Wizard Chalice, Idaho Monti Cap, and the freebie. Anyone want to take a shot at IDing it? I'm thinking some kind of Leptastrea.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Operaman changed the title to Opera's IM 25 Lagoon - new corals in the tank!

A small update - I sold the frogspawn, one of the hammers, the duncan, and the zoa colony. The tank is looking a little empty, but I have so much space for new corals! Also brought home some blue hornet zoas and another variety that I can’t recall the name of. I’m currently dealing with a bit of a bacterial bloom, so the water is pretty cloudy - no pictures right now, but hopefully that should clear up soon. The current next steps are to get the new coral frags off of the frag rack and onto the rockwork, as well as to reposition the larger colonies that I still have. 

Also, a question: for any of you with lobos, do you have them placed directly on the sand? Mine came on a fairly sizable piece of ugly artificial rock and I’d love to take it off and put the lobo right on the sand bed.

• 4 months later...
This guy is extra salty
On 6/5/2020 at 10:10 AM, Operaman said:

A small update - I sold the frogspawn, one of the hammers, the duncan, and the zoa colony. The tank is looking a little empty, but I have so much space for new corals! Also brought home some blue hornet zoas and another variety that I can’t recall the name of. I’m currently dealing with a bit of a bacterial bloom, so the water is pretty cloudy - no pictures right now, but hopefully that should clear up soon. The current next steps are to get the new coral frags off of the frag rack and onto the rockwork, as well as to reposition the larger colonies that I still have. 

Also, a question: for any of you with lobos, do you have them placed directly on the sand? Mine came on a fairly sizable piece of ugly artificial rock and I’d love to take it off and put the lobo right on the sand bed.

Awesome setup 

i keep mine on the sand bed, very low light. but I do have a hybrid light setup . 🤷‍♂️

• 2 months later...