Cultivated Reef

Custom Lid for fluval evo

baronen

I am looking to upgrade my light to an AI prime on my evo. Anybody have any suggestions for a custom top? I’ve found a few online but haven’t found too many discussions 

thanks!

partlycloudy531

Safe Top Lids or Octo Aquatics are two options if you are willing to spend the money. I had an Octo lid custom made for my 9.1 gallon and I’ve been happy with it,  but I kinda wish I had gone with the Safe Top as I think the overall design looks better and doesn’t get as much condensation build up. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, zanewolfgang said:

Just made my DIY lid today. All the parts are pretty cheap on Amazon (around $25) and only takes about 30 minutes

top.jpg

Looks very nice. Mind sharing the cart/items?

zanewolfgang

Here you go.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BD6F64/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WNCW90C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now that I look at it, it was over $25 but still pretty cheap. The spline that came with the netting was a little small so I used the spline that came with the frame pieces. 

You can also but the same kind of frame kit at any local big box hardware store.

Here is my lid on the evo. Also have an Ai prime. It’s from Top Lids and it’s expensive  (below $100)but to me worth it as this tank is in my living room. 

23E7329F-6434-4533-BB30-EDDE36C18C10.jpeg

E13EF164-6245-4889-B4AE-1D133C9BB3CC.jpeg

D97137FF-A565-4D3A-8EC9-32DCC7123360.jpeg

zanewolfgang

Wow that's really nice! I looked at the Clearview lids but it looked like it would take almost 2 months to get, that's why I just made my own.

i also have clear view lids on my two other tanks but I like the Top Lid's batter. In my opinion Top Lids are made with more care. Happy reefing