Innovative Marine Aquariums

Blue fish for 29 gal FOWLR

cd459

4 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I paid $100 for mine. 

I’d be willing to pay that if I could find one 🤣 but there’s also a part of me that would see the azure damsels in the tank next to it for $8..

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Update: love this fish. Super colorful and active. He’s able to hold his own but quick enough to escape the clowns. 

He’s not “aggressive” but he’s definitely a dominant fish. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: for anyone that’s curious or interested in starcki husbandry, I’ve found that these damsels are slightly skittish at first and more sensitive than standard damsels, perhaps due to their more peaceful demeanor. When stressed his yellow coloration fades to a darker color.

Being the last fish added, I think he was nervous and unable to easily adjust since the other fish already had territory. I moved him to his own tank for the time being. Seems much more relaxed. His swimming pattern is very beautiful. Initially I gave him a H2O2 bath to proactively treat for uronema/velvet and I don’t think he liked that, but he perked up the next day. I’m proactively treating with metro and he’s fine. It’s awesome to see Diver’s Den has been offering a bunch for sale recently. Hopefully more ppl get to try these rare damsels.