inTank Media Baskets

Is my utter chaos growig?

Abzdot

Hi, I got a frag I’d utter chaos and it had 2 small babies with it that haven’t opened yet. This is my second zoanthid but I am unfamiliar with growth and want to make sure that they’re doing good

first pic was on Tuesday 5/5/20 and this one was yesterday 8/5/20

And I am aware of my cyano and have been dosing it with a cleaner

700B4146-8265-407D-8A19-2BF46E2D76B8.jpeg

17A6FC01-BBA3-424E-8693-1DEF80F04C49.jpeg

Reefkid88

Absolutely it is !! 

Also if you have any coral food,try and spot feed the mature polyp and it may accelerate the babies growth. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Absolutely it is !! 

Also if you have any coral food,try and spot feed the mature polyp and it may accelerate the babies growth. 

Thank you for the reassurance! Quite new to the hobby so I am not aware of all of the negative reactions

Reefkid88

One of the biggest negatives I have ever had was if you see white spots,kind of look like white heads on a pimple,its Zoa Pox. Some come off and then some just go away. They seem to almost be seasonal sometimes. 

Zoa's are temperamental,so if they close up don't be alarmed. They have minds of their own and never wants to be happy lol. 

Yours look happy so just keep doing what you are doing already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

One of the biggest negatives I have ever had was if you see white spots,kind of look like white heads on a pimple,its Zoa Pox. Some come off and then some just go away. They seem to almost be seasonal sometimes. 

Zoa's are temperamental,so if they close up don't be alarmed. They have minds of their own and never wants to be happy lol. 

Yours look happy so just keep doing what you are doing already. 

You mentioned spot feeding, I do that roughly twice a week but I have heard a large range of how often you should feed them from every day to never. What do you advise?

2 hours ago, Timaaa said:

they look healthy

Thank you!

JohnMzreef

Never feed my utters although I am sure they pick up particles from the water column.  They seem really hardy and can take a lot of light. (with acclimation of course).  I have to tear them back so they don't take over..

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

*Update*

So the baby Zoas have small holes now.

is that then maturing or dying because I’ve had other zoas look a tiny bit like that which died.

DEC5697E-2D88-406F-9A01-BC673EDBA070.jpeg

90970ED6-9BA8-43E9-A2B3-493DC360BA60.jpeg